Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2019-10-13 21:17:38 | All posts |Dock
Fly with you Fairies! Because tonight is full moon night, I thought I'd talk about the purple moon because it's that time of year again. So there are different types of full moons on the mainland which include the flower moon in May, the harvest moon and the rare blue moons to name a few, but there's one strange and unpredictible moon occurance. This can occur from July to October and it's the purple moon. The purple moon is celebrated in all magical realms and it can even be seen a bit in the human realm from time to time. Different magical realms see the purple moon at different times.

Here's how the purple moon works. When it rises, it appears to be red. Then orange, then yellow, then green, teal, blue and purple at midnight. Back in medieval times, around when Selene the moon spirit was born, an apprentice of the then leader of the moon fairies studied the then mysterious moon. She searched the mainland and that's when she saw some never fairies. She connected some of the powers of the never fairies to the colors. Red matched garden, orange matched animal, yellow matched light and blue matched water. The apprentice didn't know what green connected to and she simply connected dark blue and purple to the moon fairies. The scholar collected the moonlight in a crystal which turned it into a rainbow crystal. Creating a rainbow crystal is very difficult and requires the precice position relative to the moon and precise timing. Luckily, she did it. The purple moon was seen as a symbol of unity of the different types of powers magical beings may have.

The apprentice eventually moved to the Crystal Capitol. She worked in the castle and gave the then leader of the crystal fairies the rainbow crystal.

Eventually, schools were built on the mainland and in hidden magical realms for the nature-talent fairies in neverland. There were the light, garden, water and animal academies, but whoever created the schools decided there should be schools for the other nature fairies (winter and storm). That's when dark blue was matched with storm and purple was matched with winter. Green wasn't matched yet.

Selene travelled to Neverland one day. That's when she discovered the Tinker Talent Academy. Not many mainland magical beings knew much of the tinkers, as they were purely dedicated to fixing things in Pixie Hollow. But what stood out at the time wasn't the tinkering, but the strong creative thinking skills of the tinker talent. Selene decided to match up the green in the purple moon with tinker talent.

Shortly before the dark ages, more mainland magical beings began to notice fast flying fairies. The once extremely rare talent, while still rare, was becoming more common. Some scholars argued on the fast flying talent placement on the purple moon spectrum. Some even argued that fast flying should replace frost. So even to this day there's confusion on whether purple represents winter, fast flying, or both. I sometimes like to think that frost is between tinker and water and purple is fast flying.

Unfortunatly, during a battle in the crystal fairy kingdoms during the end of the dark era, Pandora the "Crystal Spirit" split the rainbow crystal into seven crystals and put each in a talent academy. And the purple one is in the winter talent academy.

The purple moon is still celebrated to this day and it celebrates friendship. Dances are typically held and fairies dress their best (a lot of times in purple), but in the Core of All Magic, a friendship ceremony is held. Eight sceptors were created out of the crystals and each year, one fairy that represents the talent each sceptor matches is chosen to hold the wand and participate in a beautiful ceremony that celebrates unity. Nowadays never fairies are rarely chosen because they're now more isolated from mainland fairies. I plan to attend the ceremony to fully see what it's like this year.

[img]http:/
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-16 01:40 , Processed in 0.114829 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc