Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2018-9-25 16:30:50 | All posts |Dock
Fly with you! I can't believe that the anniversary of the beta was over ten years ago! And because October is anniversary month for Pixie Hollow AND the first Tinkerbell movie, I'm making my October bullet journal spreads Pixie Hollow themed.

Now, before we get to the nostalgic stuff, see if you can find out the author of the Featured Badge columns of the Pixie Postings.

Featured badge.png

This thread is going to talk about ingredients!!!!!! Ingredients have been around since the beta, but they didn't all come out until mid 2009.

The original ingredients that were in the Pixie Hollow previews in early September were buttercups, daisies, ivy, lillies, meadow grass, oak leaves, roses, spider silk and sunflower seeds. When the beta officially opened, blueberries, maple leaves and raspberries were added.

In October 2008, acorns and dandilion fluff were introduced.

Pine needles and snowflakes were added in December 2008.

In March 2009, honeycombs and twigs were added.

When the wilderness was introduced in June, special ingredients that can only be found in there were introduced. Those ingredients were truffles, feathers, bits of metal and yellow and blue gems. Those ingredients were never used for shopping, but they were used in quests and crafting.

In February 2010, ingredient bunches were added. These would allow multiple fairies to gather multiple ingredients each. The original bunches were

blueberry, buttercup, daisy, honeycomb, maple leaf, meadow grass, sunflower seed and twig. Raspberry bunches joined in April.

Starting in the summer, the ballroom would have seasonal bunches with lilly bunches in the summer, oak leaf bunches in the fall, ivy bunches int he winter and rose bunches in the spring. Also during that summer, spider silk bunches were introduced.

In Septemeber, acorn and dandilion bunches joined in. Then there were pine needle and snowflake bunches in December.

Starting in Silly Days 2011, special event locations like Mermaid Grotto and the Ice Palace would have gem bunches.

In fall 2010, you could trade an ingredient for another one in the shops that take ingredients. Eventually, wilderness ingredients and diamonds were added to the list of ingredients you can trade.

Speaking of diamonds, this was a currecny which was introduced in January 2012. You could purchace diamonds with real money, but luckily, members would get a monthly allowance. Diamonds can be used by members and non members to purchace items from diamond only shops, buy something using diamonds instead of ingredients and heal your pet without doing a quest. They can be traded for a huge amount of ingredients.

So, before I wrap this up, because the anniversary is a PARTY, let's talk about Pixie Hollow's parties!

Phoebe's Party Favors was added in March 2009 with the flower and neverlight party decorations and the party games Simon Says and Pass the Popcorn.

In May after the Great Games, a banner party was added. In July, Rock, Paper Scissors was introduced to the game list.

Phoebe's shop recieved a major update in the fall of 2012. In addition to the three original party decorations, there were parties for each season. And you could buy Crazy Cakes and Two for Tea to play as party games.

Famous fairies would sometimes visit parties too. You'd just need to make your party public and give your party a specific name and there's a small chance a famous fairy would show up.

Well, that's the end of this post! How are you celebrating the 10th anniversary?

Featured badge.png
[img]http:/
My relations5

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

⛈ Prinna ⛈

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-9-25 19:05:37 | All posts
Wow! I hadn't thought about a lot of this.
I love parties and ingredients so much! It's so nice to learn more things about them!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations10

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2018-9-25 19:57:25 | All posts
In regards of celebrating, I don't think crying counts but binging the movies does haha
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

❅Pearl Starshine❅

Credits
<
Post time 2018-9-26 16:33:53 | All posts
Very interesting post about the history of ingredients and parties! Since I wasn't with Pixie Hollow from the beginning and had joined later on, I always thought all the ingredients came together. And also I'm probably celebrating by being on here and watching the movies c:
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
 Author| Post time 2018-9-26 17:21:19 | All posts
PearlSnow replied at 2018-9-26 03:33 PM
Very interesting post about the history of ingredients and parties! Since I wasn't with Pixie Hollow ...

I thought the same about the ingredients too.
[img]http:/
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

Float Like a Butterfly

Credits

Guardiansactive userminister

<
Post time 2018-9-27 06:54:53 | All posts
I really miss those party games.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations11

Threads

8k+

Credits

Global Moderator

| C o l o r b l i n d .

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

<
Post time 2018-9-27 07:15:52 | All posts
| I love your history threads! I get to know some small bits of the OG Hollow every week. :' D
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations7

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

You Never Walk Alone.

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-9-27 11:54:38 | All posts
your threads always bring back some nostalgia :')))) i loved the party games so much
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2018-9-29 01:10:29 | All posts
I became a Fairy January 24, 2007 and am a Founding Fairy.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2018-9-29 01:11:15 | All posts
My fairies names are Quicksilver Cloudshimmer, Twilight Diamondshimmer and Topaz Nightwhisper
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 10:02 , Processed in 0.321676 second(s), 164 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc