I've been falling...FOR 30 MIN

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-28 07:44:32 | All posts |Dock
Edited by PrincessKawaii at 2018-6-28 13:12

Hello everyone and welcome to yet

another post by yours truly - Juni!

I saw the support you gave on my brief Arrival Day story and

I also read a request for another story with our heroine and her friends...And, so

here I am yet again to fulfill that request! I hope you like this, have fun reading it!

The story begins one faithful morning in the Hollow. Silvermist was suppost to head out with the rest of the fairies to the Mainland to officially bring summer for the humans, but she got a better idea. Some Water Talent - related

things needed taking care of in the Hollow, so she decided to give her spot to one special fairy who she's been keeping an eye on for a while. In fact, that's the reason why she was standing in front of her doorstep that morning. She was about to hand her the camp entrance slip to her.

"Juniper, are you in there? It's Sil..."

She was knocking on the door, slowly and politely, which is totally her style, but Juniper wasn't answering. And,the reason why was because she was still deeply asleep.

"Juniper!"

Silvermist yelled out after ten attempts to quitely call her over. That made Juniper jump out of her leaf bed and land on the floor, with her pillow in her face.

"What is going on? Why is everyone so jumpy, dear starfish..."

She walked to the door, and finally answered Silvermist.

"Well thank bubbles...I thought something had happened to you in there..."

Silvermist giggled and gave sleepy Juniper a hug. She then showed her the camp notice paper.

"Here, this is for you. I was supposed to go, but the new arrivals need me here. I can't leave them to take care of things here alone..."

Juniper took a look at the paper and gasped.

"You want me to go?"

Silvermist smiled and took her hand.

"Yes. I know you're still pretty new to all this yourself, but everyone has their first trip to the Mainland at some point. Plus, you won't be alone, I hear someone you know is going too..."

She faced her first ever friend's house, the sparrow who was with her her entire first day and evening at the Hollow almost a year ago.

"Kai? He's going too?"

Silvermist nodded, still with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I figured you'd like to be with him there, y'know so you don't feel alone..."

Juniper blushed for a second, but quickly turned back to normal.

"Erm..yeah...Okay, so where do I report for this, when do we depart?"

Silvermist took out a quill from her bag.

"Here - I'll write down the name of the fairy responsible for the entire team out there. You need to report to her, and as for when you're going...I presume in five or ten pixie minutes...I'll let Iridessa know to hold on for a bit so you can get ready...and of course that I'm staying here..."

Juniper nodded and flew back inside to start packing. She didn't even know what she was getting herself into. She took a look around her house and had no idea what she'd need for the trip. She figured since it's a camp she'd have a place to stay at, but she did take some sleeping gear just in case. She also packed a wooden pot for tea and some snacks.

After a while, she flew to Havendish Square where everyone had gathered to send the campers off. She made her way through to the take-off point, where a fleet of pigeons were being prepared. Iridessa was standing there with a long piece of paper checking stuff out of what seemed to be a long list. Juniper carefully approached her, to ask what she should do.

"Iridessa...Hi, I'm Juniper, I'm here in Silvermist's place, I was wondering what am I supposed to do?"

Iridessa raised her head from the paper and faced Juniper, who was patiently waiting for a response.

"O...Oh...you're the ...I see...Well this slightly changes things...But, it's alright, you're a good substitute for our Sil, you'll do just fine...That pigeon over there, named Spring is hers. You're riding on her."

Juniper approached Spring carefully. She sensed her presence but didn't move nor attack. She knew Juniper didn't mean her any harm.

"Alright girl, let's saddle up!"

Juniper attached her items on her dove and sat on the saddle. It felt comfortable sitting among such soft feathers, and the dove didn't seem to mind someone else being in Silvermist's spot at all.

"You're adorable...Aw..."

Juniper started to pet her and even gave her some sunflower seeds for the road.

Pretty soon, it was lift-off time. Juniper was slightly worried about how the trip will go, but also because of something else. Silvermist had told her before that Kai was also going to this camp, but she never saw him among the fairies and sparrows preparing to take off. She began to worry that something might've happened, only she didn't know Kai was already up and half-way there.

The trip was a little bumpy, but Juniper pulled through. Through the clouds in the sky, there was a gap showing a spot on the ground with what seemed to be tents. They were set up in a middle of a grassy field, on one of its clearings deep within. There was a huge tree where they were all stationed, so she assumed it played to role of the Pixie Dust tree back home.

"Finally, you did great Spring, thank you so much."

She said her goodbyes to Spring as the dove took off to enjoy herself with the rest of the flock. They weren't meant to stay with the fairies and sparrows, but they would return when it would be time for them to go home.

Now, what Juniper had to do was find herself a tent. When she tried lifting her bag she nearly fell over, she didn't realize up until that moment that she'd overpacked. Just then, she heard a familiar voice.

"Juni?!"

A sparrowman flew right into her and nearly ran her over, together with her things.

"Kai - Wait, no hold o-aaah!"

They both fell over together, with all the stuff.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry...I just got too excited..."

Juniper started to laugh and started picking up her things.

"Oh, is that all? Well, now that you got us into this mess, help me get us out of it."

She practically ordered him to pick her things up, and he did it gladly.

"So, what are you doing here, I thought you were staying back home?"

Juniper raised her shoulders.

"Honestly, no idea. Silvermist just came by at my house to tell me she was giving me her spot, because she had work back there...and...well...here I am I guess?"

Kai raised his right hand in the air. He was so happy to see her, he practically screamed inside.

"Well, we're gonna have a great time here, I can tell. High five!"

Juniper was unsure of what he was attempting to do, but she went along with it. He helped her to a tent and left her to unpack. While she was doing so, she noticed him entering the tent across from her.

"You have got to be kidding me, he did it again!"

She started to laugh, because the exact same thing happened when she first got to Pixie Hollow, and she couldn't believe she was going through it again.

"We're neighbors again huh?"

She said, opening up Kai's tent with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, really? I had no idea."

He stuck his tongue out at her.

"Real mature, really real mature..."

She just shook her head and walked out. She went to the center of camp to see what everyone was doing, and to be given instructions on her duty.

"So, where to now?"

She was lost between all kinds of work stations, for all talents. She had no idea where she was supposed to go, until she bumped into another familiar face while looking around.

"Nightfall?"

She was surprised, she didn't know another one of her friends was there. Nightfall was equally surprised.

"Juni? What are you doing here?!"

They hugged each other, and then Juniper explained everything to her.

"You're in Silvermist's place? Whoa, that...is amazing! You must've impressed her otherwise she would never have given you her spot here...Oh, and I know what you're supposed to do, follow me."

She flew up high and Juniper followed. She showed her the entire field from above.

"Our goal is simple, but to achieve it - that's the hard part. We need to bring summer to this land and every talent is needed to do this. Garden talents have a job to wake up all the plants completely, Light talents have the job to make sure the Sun shines just right above the Mainland, Fast-Flyers give the Mainlanders their summer breezes and Animal Talents make sure every critter does its part in all this and they make sure every animal has food and shelter while they're at it."

Juniper listened carefully. After Nightfall was done explaining, she asked her question.

"So, Nighty...I get what they're all supposed to do, but what are we supposed to do?"

Nightfall smiled.

"Well, why do you think they need us Water talents huh? It's for the summer showers doofus! Who else is gonna make it rain better than us huh?"

She nudged her on her shoulder and flew off.

"Let's play around a bit, tag you're it!"

Pretty soon they were caught up in a game of fairy tag and flew all around camp. When night came though, all of the fairies and sparrows gathered round a huge camp fire and had dinner together. After that, they were all told to go get some sleep.

The first day of work for Juniper came sooner than she thought. She already had to practice making her first rain. The Garden talents needed it to make sure the flowers and the grass weren't going to die in the heat. She spent an entire day doing this, and afterwards felt exhausted. But, that night something else happened, something none of them saw coming.

Before going to bed, the older fairies and sparrows who've come to camp more than once told the rest to make sure the camp is secured and tight on the ground. Winds were howling strongly from every direction and it was getting colder by the minute. Clouds were filling up the sky, and the stars looked like they were getting extinguished one after another. It was everyone's duty to make sure that if a storm hit it wouldn't destroy their camp.

Juniper helped as much as she could, and then went to her tent. She went to bed but pretty soon after she was close to completely faling asleep, she heard a loud noice. It was thunder. She attempted to sleep, but the bad weather kept her alert, and unable to fall back asleep. Then she heard a scream. She immediately jumped out of bed and ran outside with a leaf over her head. Her wings were wrapped up in a leaf as well, only the rain had stopped. She was standing on the wet soil, looking around to see where the scream came from. She walked between tents and saw one was missing - it was Nightfall's tent, and she was nowhere to be seen either. All Juniper found that remained was Nightfall's headband.

"Nighty, no..."

She flew back to her tent, put on her belt with many sachels and a backpack and a leaf hat and out of her clothing trunk she took a raincoat and some leaf boots.

"I'll find you and save you, no matter what!"

She flew out quitely, put out the light of her tent before doing so and made sure it wouldn't fly off while she was gone. Meanwhile, in the tent across, Kai was asleep. However, a weird noise woke him up, soon after Juniper left. He peeked from his tent, but saw nothing. But, for some reason, he flapped over to Juniper's tent to check on her. He opened the tent, but it was empty. He turned around and noticed small footprints, leading towards the tall grass surrounding the camp.

"Is she crazy?!"

He yelled out. He grabbed a backpack from his tent and flew off. On the other end, Juniper was trying to figure out where her friend had flown off to. She took a look on foot, then hovered over the field, but she couldn't find anything. All of a sudden harsh winds hit, and blew her off back on the ground. She tried to resist it and flew back up. It didn't take long for the wind to take her down, but she noticed something this time around. There was something stuck on the tree on the other side of the tall grass, at the other clearing. She decided to walk while the wind settled down, and then she'd attempt flying again. Meanwhile, Kai was following her footsteps, and while at some point they were gone because she was now flying again, he decided to stay low and keep an eye out for trouble. He still had no idea why she went off alone, when the weather was that bad.

"Come on, where are you you stupid tree?"

Juniper lost track of where she was, because she was stuck on the ground again thanks to the hard wind. She was walking and couldn't see the tree, so she had no idea which way she was going to. The wind was calm again, just a normal summer's breeze so she flew up again. She realized she had a problem. She took a slightly wrong turn, and while it didn't get her off track, the tree now seemed way further off than before.

"Oh great, I've been going further away from it...stupid..stupid..."

She was mumbling in anger to herself as she flew closer. She used the calm winds to her advantage and got herself at the front of the tree. She jumped on one branch and then on the next, until she reached the branch with the thing stuck on it. It was a piece of Nightfall's tent. Juniper could tell because her talent's stripe was all over it, it's how talents tell the difference betweent their camping tents.

"What happened to you..."

She took the piece of material with her and jumped off the tree. In the process of getting down, she slipped on one of the branches because it was still wet from the recent rain and she fell down, and thankfuly she landed on a bush on the other side of the tree, so she didn't get hurt.

"Well, that was pure luck..."

She said to herself as she straightened herself up. Meanwhile, Kai was still trying to figure out what she was going after. He was still following her footprints and when he rose up in the sky again, he noticed something. He was looking at the tree that she was at, only he noticed that the thing swinging from it was gone. That was a sign to him that that's where went to. But the why still bothered him.

"Nightfall?"

Juniper was yelling around, hoping her friend would hear her, but it was no use - she was nowhere to be seen or heard.

After looking around Juniper sat on a rock. She had no idea where to go to next, no more clues were left to guide her. She started fearing the worst - that she might never see her friend again.

She continued walking shortly after, and ended up in the tall grass again. This time, something much worse than winds happened. The rain returned, and it was pouring more than previously and Juniper's raincoat wasn't much help. Her wings were soaked already and she couldn't fly. She tried taking shelter in a tree trunk but the water flow between the grass burst it open. She started to run, in hopes she'd find a dry spot to hide in. And, she did, only she had no idea that it would lead to a bigger problem. She found a hole in the bottom of a smaller tree nearby and hid in there, but the water from the rain was still flowing around. It was carrying all kinds of things, and it made the soil as sticky as glue. It was like a mini river passing through and it washed up smaller leaves covered in dirt at the hole where Juniper was. The hole was slowly getting shut and she was very close to having no way out. She was trying to keep stuff out of her hole but she couldn't, the entrance to it got completely shut and with the sticky soil it was stuck like that. Now, the other bigger problem was that despite it being shut completely, water could still come in, which it did at an alarming speed.

"Why is it that every time I try to do something that's right, I get into such predicaments?"

She was trying to find a way to break out of there, but it was no use.

On the other end, Kai was approaching her new location. After he passed the tree with the material, he found what was swinging from it on the ground, soaked with water. He feared that Juniper might be in trouble so he kept moving on. He pretty soon reached the smaller tree, where Juniper was trapped. The water flow had stopped but there was still water in the hole, which for the time being wasn't filling it up. He saw a piece of Juniper's headband on the ground, near the tree and picked it up.

"Juniper? Are you here? Look, I don't know why you just took off, but..."

Juniper heard Kai talking outside, and she was surprised he was even there, but he was her only ticket out of that hole.

"Kai you idiot, stop talking and help me get outta here!"

Kai heard her yell and approached the sealed hole in the tree.

"Juni? You're in there?"

He put one hand on the mashup of dirt and leaves and tried to find a hole to peek through.

"Yes, now get me out, please!"

He looked around, but couldn't find anything strong enough to destroy the mashup.

"But, how - there's nothing here but grass and dirt..."

Juniper thought of one idea.

"That's it! This is dirt, and now that it's dried off a bit, you can crack it open!"

Kai was confused until he looked up. He flew up and found a smaller branch he could work with. He grabbed it tight and aimed right at the center of the mashup. He threw it and it made the whole thing fall apart. Juniper was inside, covered in mud.

"Juni!!"

Kai ran inside. He grabbed her and hugged her tight. He had never felt as happy as he did right then.

"Yeah, alright...You're...I can't...breathe...Kai..."

Kai realized he was squeezing her too tight so he let her out of his embrace. She took her breath, and he started to yell.

"What in the name of Pixie Dust were you thinking? You could've gotten hurt, or worse - and for what? Some midnight stroll in stormy weather? I know you're a Water talent, so am I but you don't see me trying to be the king of the rain now do you?!"

She just stood there, trying to not laugh at red-faced Kai who was furious because he couldn't stand losing her.

"Kai...would you please stop yelling so I can say something?"

He suddenly stopped speaking. She approached him, and gave him a look dead in the eye.

"Firstly, thank you. If you didn't follow me I might not have made it out of that tree. Secondly, the reason I'm out here is because I can't find Nightfall. Her tent got blown away in the short storm earlier. I heard a scream, went to check out what happened and saw her and her tent were gone. The piece of material I found was from her tent..."

Kai took her hand, and gave her a firefly hand light.

"Then why are we standing here for? Let's go find her!"

Juniper shrugged. Tears started to fall down from her face.

"But how, Kai I don't even know which way to go anymore, there's no more clues to guide us to her, I wish there was a sign or anything..."

She fell down on his shoulder, crying. He just embraced her again.

"It's gonna be alright. I'm sure she's around here somewhere, that wind was hard but not hard enough to blow her away that far..."

He flew up again and noticed the sky was with grey clouds again, which was no good news. He knew they had to move and fast. He landed back down and they continued. On the trail they were following around, they saw some of Nightfall's stuff scattered around. And then they heard a weak voice coming from nearby.

"Help...please..."

They ran towards the voice, and saw Nightfall's trunk floating in a puddle as deep as a pond. The voice was coming from inside.

"She's inside the trunk, we need to get it out of the pond!"

Juniper approached it, but the pond was too deep for her to enter it. Kai already got an idea, and grabbed a giant leaf from a plant that grew in that part of the fields. He lowered it in the water and told Juniper to get in it.

"This way I can get her out and we can both fly back. Nice thinking!"

She landed on the leaf, stretched to reach the trunk, but she was still too far.

"Closer, I can't reach it..."

Kai attempted to push it closer, and with that lost his grip on it.

"Oh no. Juni?"

She turned around only to find herself stuck in the middle of the puddle. She was now able to reach the trunk and pull it up on the leaf. She opened it to find a curled up Nightfall, freezing between her clothes.

"Nighty? Are you okay...come on, let's get you out."

Juniper took her out and wanted to wrap something around her, but nothing was dry enough to keep Nightfall warm. They barely took off from the leaf and back on soil. Kai helped Juniper carry Nightfall back to camp. They barely found their way, they had to stop multiple times so they could hover over the fields to see whcih way was for the camp.

It was dawn when they reached the camp. They took Nightfall to the medical tent, where Elixa was treating a hurt mouse. She saw them fly in and immediately dropped what she was doing.

"What..happened to you all?"

She put Nightfall on one bed and while she was taking care of her, Kai and Juniper were sitting on another one.

"Thank you,again..."

She whispered, and fell on Kai's shoulder again. He just smiled, knowing that she was safe and right there with him. All of a sudden she slipped off and fell on the bed. She passed out because she was exhausted and never ate nor drank.

"Elixa...Uh...Elixa?!"

Kai was in distress again. Elixa turned to him and when she saw Juniper passed out, and him holding her hand real tight, she flew over and put one hand on his shoulder.

"Not to worry. By tomorrow both of them will be up and running, good as new."

Kai didn't move all day, he left his work to stay with his friend.

Night came, and both of the fairies were still knocked out. Nightfall was the first to wake up. Kai squeezed the life she had left out of her out of joy.

"Kai, alright...stop..squeezing...gah..."

She started to laugh and decided to not resist his hug, and hugged him back, but when she felt she was losing air she started to squeal.

"Okay, Kai you can quit it now...I can't breathe, it's not funny anymore...Kai!!"

He loosened his grip and sheepishly laughed. She just knocked him on the head.

"That's for nearly choking me."

The she dragged him closer and pecked his cheek.

"And that's for saving me and Juni."

He blushed. Then, he turned to see if Juniper was up or not. She still was asleep. He sat back down on the chair next to her bed and quickly fell asleep too. His hand was hanging loose next to her bedside, and when she came to and saw him she just put her hand into his and squeezed it tight. That woke him up.

"Huh, what...Juniper?"

He saw her hand holding his and noticed the smile on her face. She was peacefully asleep, and he realized she was just fine. The following morning she was awake as well. He was overjoyed.

"You're okay!"

Both he and Nightfall threw themselves on her.

"Nighty you're...okay too! I'm so glad, oh my dust you have no idea what I went through to find you..."

Nightfall thanked them both for saving her. Then she walked out of the tent to find Elixa so she could give them the all-clear to leave.

"You are the biggest idiot I know...but also...the bravest idiot too.."

Juniper said after she and Kai were alone in the tent. He just blushed and wanted to shrink.

"But, I am an idiot nontheless huh?"

She started to laugh.

"Yeah, that is a title you're stuck with permanently I'm afraid."

She just hugged him again. She could feel his breath tickle her ear.

"But you're lucky. I actually like idiots."

She whispered while they were hugging. His smile grew wider that very moment. It took a year, but he finally heard the words come out of Juniper's mouth.

"You can say that again."

And that, was just one of many adventures they went through together that summer. After this though, Juniper and Nightfall got back to their duties and helped the others bring summer to the Mainland. And when they returned to Pixie Hollow she was rewarded for going through bad and worse to save her friend. The Queen heard of this and gave her a special badge making her an Honorable Fairy, a title not easily earned in the Hollow. That summer was one they all would remember for as long as they live, that's surely so.

~ The End ~

p.s Here's Juniper's outfit from this adventure - took the liberty to make it before writing this whole thing up. Hope you like it!

myfairy (1).png

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-28 17:54:23 | All posts
Juni and Kai sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g. XD.
Oof
Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2018-6-28 14:14:13 | All posts
Twilaa replied at 2018-6-28 16:57
D'awww! That was so awesome and cute! Great job!

Thank youuu
Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

T w i l a~

Credits
Post time 2018-6-28 11:57:01 | All posts
D'awww! That was so awesome and cute! Great job!
Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2018-6-29 10:52:08 | All posts
ChiaPett replied at 2018-6-28 22:54
Juni and Kai sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g. XD.

Gahahahaha
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

Float Like a Butterfly

Credits

Guardiansactive userminister

<
Post time 2018-7-4 07:03:15 | All posts
It's wonderful.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

Pandora This user has been deleted
Post time 2018-7-4 13:42:53 | All posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2018-7-5 15:01:36 | All posts
Pandora replied at 2018-7-4 18:42
Good writing chops there Juni. I throughly enjoyed the story.

Thanks so much Pan
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-19 19:02 , Processed in 0.250647 second(s), 130 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc