[Copy url]
My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
Post time 2023-7-24 01:17:28 | All posts |Dock

Thank you so much Helen and Jasper for hosting the Art Fest 2023 Contest this year! I was really looking forward to this even before Talent Month began. Sadly, this isn't the final piece nor do I think I could finish this project with the quality and polish I originally envisioned within the 1-month timeframe. I'll post the full thing when it's ready but until then, enjoy learning about my motion graphics and ideation process featuring:

- Moodboard

- Animatic

- Style Boards

- Next Steps

- Moodboard -

I chose the song, "How to Believe" from the third Tinker Bell movie, The Great Fairy Rescue to make a lyric video for. It's my favorite movie in the franchise by far, and I was surprised that it didn't already have a lyric video so I decided I wanted to make one that matches the aesthetic of Lizzy's fairy journal. I collected many screenshots from the movie as a reference to imitate the textured yellowed pages, Lizzy's handwriting, and her art style (which is hard when it's only 720p).

- Animatic -

An animatic is a very rough draft focusing on music and timing and not visuals. It's important to not stress about visuals as that can take lots of time and it's risky to develop full visuals for a concept that you're not even sure will fit in the time frame. This animatic only accounts for the first verse and chorus from further in the song.

- Style Boards -

After I had some of my assets together, I pieced them together to create "style boards". They're like storyboards but dressed up like what the final product might look like. Style boards in combination with an animatic give people an idea of what the final animation will look like.

(Here are the first lyrics. I plan on using effects to animate the text being written as the lyrics are sung)

(These lyrics give the song suspense before the chorus. For this section, I plan to color the pages more to add excitement)

(During the chorus, each character in Tink's friend group will get a picture of them helping out using their talent)

At this point in time I must stress that trying to mimic Lizzy's art style is HARD. You would not think replicating an 8-something-year-old's drawings would be difficult but it IS! I referenced both the scene where Tink and Lizzy work on the journal together as well as the end credits sequence. I don't know how a trained illustrator at Disney was able to reach into their past and bring out consistent but also primitive crayon drawings. I'm using a default Photoshop brush and very subtle bevel and embossed effects to give the illustrations more texture.

- Next Steps -

The previous steps were only prep before actually animating in After Effects. If you jump right into designing and animating in After Effects things can get very disorganized really fast. It's best practice to do as much designing and asset creation outside your animation program of choice to make things go smoother. Researching how to do effects before you commit to an animation is also advised as, if you can't figure out a way to do something, you'll need to rewrite it to something else. So here are my next steps:

Keep your wings crossed for me as this will take a while... The full song is 2 minutes and I only planned out half of it. However, my love for the Disney Fairies franchise is strong as well as my love for this community so hopefully I'll keep the motivation up when I have more free time. Thanks for reading and I'll cya around the waterfall!

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2023-7-24 18:52:29 | All posts
Wow, the rough animation alone looks like it could've taken at least a month!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2023-7-24 19:24:24 | All posts
Beautiful work! The attention to detail is so well done! I think the doodles are perfect! I can't imagine how much time you put into this project, but it definitely shows
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
<
Post time 2023-7-27 21:36:31 | All posts
june i cant believe how perfect this turned out!! i can tell you put a lot of work into it!!
𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2023-8-3 09:39:16 | All posts
I love the artwork and song.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-27 16:18 , Processed in 0.139513 second(s), 103 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc