CreditFAQsContact usUpdate logAccount Frozen
Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
Read: 799|Reply: 2

[journal] You Think it's Easy Being a Dust Talent?

[Copy url]
My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2022-2-28 11:56:44 | All posts |Dock
Labyrinth Magicshimmer here, and let me tell you, it is not easy being a Dust Talent of any sort!

Labyrinth coughing.png
First off, Dust Talents can't sneeze, but we can cough. The reason we can't sneeze is because we were born virtually allergy-free. We also can't catch colds nor do our noses tickle. By the by, why Dusty insisted on including this picture of me coughing into a leaf I'll never get.

dust cup.png
Also, we have our own cups to use. Quarry has two cups and I have four that aren't standard issue. This is one of our standard issue cups (the other standard issue cups are supposed to be golden brown)…

Quarry&#039;s dust cup.png Quarry&#039;s monogrammed dust cup.png
Here are both of Quarry's special cups…

Labyrinth&#039;s dust cup.png Labyrinth&#039;s special dust cup.png Labyrinth&#039;s nicknamed dust cup.png Labyrinth&#039;s monogrammed dust cup.png
And here are all four of mine.

Pixie Dust Cup full of Pixie Dust.png
Oh, and did I mention the whole alchemisation of dust thing? You know how we usually pour on the Pixie Dust or Fairy Dust, which is a glittery golden?

Brighter raINBOEW dust.png
Alchemised Dust doesn't just come golden, it comes in many colours, case in point when a pair of sisters was given Alchemised Dust as their first cup instead of the usual golden dust. The older one wound up with seven talents (Winter, Water, Animal, Light, Fast Flight, Garden and Tinker) and the younger was a Wintry Water Talent, even stronger on water than my friend Pearl Waterjewel, butPearl's stronger on winter than this Wintry Water Talent. They were the first ever to be born of the Alchemised Dust instead of golden, not to mention of foxglove flowers instead of dandelion seeds. Since then, we Dust Talents still prefer the first cup of Pixie Dust to be golden.

208 smaller specks.png
We measure 26 specks of Blue Pixie Dust a day for the Pixie Hollow Tree so it can thrive. Let's see… if each year is meant to have 365 days except leap years, which have 366 days a year and we have to do this every day for eight years in preparation for the Autumn Revelry, then factoring in two leap years during that time, that leaves a minimum of… okay, I really wish we had a Math Talent among us because all I can figure is, if we saved only 26 specks a year for eight years like the Dust Alchemists do nowadays, we'd need at least 208 specks of the Blue Pixie Dust, but I know we'd need way more for the tree. Anyway, I just made a new abacus so I can do some calculations…

Vine abacus closeup 10%.png
The total is 9490 specks of Blue Dust a year with 365 days and 9516 per leap year, double the leap year, that's 19032 and sixfold on the normal year is 56940, ergo that would leave at least 75972 specks of Pixie Dust we'd have to leave for the daily replenishing of the tree, plus 208 specks for the Dust Alchemists, leaving 76180 specks of Blue Dust! I know that sounds like a lot, but compared to the amount of Blue Dust each Autumn Revelry, that's actually quite minuscule. Anyway, we Dust Talents have a very important task that requires us every single day, for without us, no fairy in Neverland would ever fly very far or do magic again. In other words, no, being a Dust Talent of any sort is not all candy and sparkles. Now if you'll excuse me, I've dust to sort.

Oops, I just remembered, those last 208 specks are our contingency specks in case anything goes wrong pre-Revelry; we're actually supposed to get 208 specks of Blue Pixie Dust a month, leaving 2496 a year.

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
<
Post time 2022-3-8 03:38:49 Posted on mobile device. | All posts
Edited by MistyLove20 at 2022-3-8 03:45

This is beautiful did it take a long time to find this information about Dust Talents? I also must say that is too much math and had no idea what all Dust-Talents do, they truly are essential to Pixie Hollow

Comments

Dust Talents have to be really great at math, otherwise, how would they know how much dust to give per fairy a day?  Post time 2022-3-8 04:53
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-18 19:37 , Processed in 0.149536 second(s), 65 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc