16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-7-13 19:26:54 | All posts |Dock
Guess what time it is?

~At the Pixie Derby, the carts were at the ready, but this year was a little different because not only were there carts, there were animals and power ups to be had! Lavender tried to squeeze into the Garden Talent cart, but was too big. All the carts were meant for fairies closer to average size, so Lavender tried a tortoise, figuring the shell was strong enough for her.

~"Are you crazy, Lavender?!" exclaimed Xenops, taking the Garden Talent cart with Nilla. "Tortoises are slow!"

~"We're going to finish last!" exclaimed Nilla. "Again!"

~But tortoises aren't as slow as many assume, Lavender thought. Turtles are even faster.

~At the signal, the racers were off! The Pixie Derby this year was a three per talent deal, two in a cart, one on an animal. The last to finish determined the place. Pearl and Snowbelle took the cart while Heidi took a white weasel. Fauna and Magnolia took a cart while Ginkgo took a chipmunk. Holly and Elva rode a cart while Daylily rode the only skunk… and she was very brave to ride the skunk too, for the skunk was just a kit, but a very strong one. Foxglove wound up on the only other reptile, a gecko because Gloriosa and Karma were too tall to ride said gecko, who was relieved to have a small fairy on his back.

~"Raaaaaaaaaace," drawled Lavender as the tortoise kept moving along pretty slowly, but Lavender had seen slower tortoises and felt confident her tortoise would have a good race.

~On and on the racers went in a fair manner until…

~"Give up, Tall and Laconic!" exclaimed one very notorious fairy that rode on the fastest hare she could find.

~"You should just stick to beautifying the world!" exclaimed a sparrowman as he and a different sparrowman drove their cart.

~"Oh wait, you don't know how to do that because you're an utter tomboy!" exclaimed the other sparrowman.

~Although nothing in the rules disallowed power ups, Lavender refused to play dirty as in cheating. Still, those words really stung.

~You will get yours, Lavender thought cruelly, but refusing to cheat. You will get yours.

~One power up zoomed past and…

~"What in the…?" Nilla said.

~"SWARM!" cried Xenops and Nilla together.

~But the swarm passed them and hit the three obnoxious fairies in the lead from all their dirty tricks, allowing the Water Talents in the cart to pass!

~Lavender was still trodding along on her tortoise. Don't give up, she thought.

~Soon team after team got slowed down by power ups, obstacles and hazards aplenty until the Gardeners finally took first and no power ups remained. Unfortunately the team that taunted everyone quickly recovered, sent out a huge jolt of energy and…

~ZZZAAAAAAPPP!

~"Not in this derby you don't," said Hickory, standing up on her squirrel, turning around and collecting the energy until it turned into light around her, but darkness around all others. She was protecting Lavender, who was just seconds from that jolt that Hickory stopped! "Finish the race, Lavender!"

~Once Nilla and Xenops crossed the finish line after all other carts, but no animals yet because the darkness spooked them except the skunk and squirrel, Hickory flung the light to Daylily, who had the skunk use her tail to fling the light to the sky and…

~"The winners are the Gardeners!" called a referee.

~"What?! How?!" exclaimed Nilla.

~As it turned out, to ensure defeat for the mean team, Hickory and Daylily decided to tag team a counter because sometimes slow and steady won the race. Now, what to do next?

Hope that was a wonderful installment for you!

My relations0

Threads

Credits

New Arrival

Credits
Post time 2021-7-15 11:44:57 | All posts
Nice race and wintry wonder)

Comments

Thanks! I figured I'd write some stories to tie in with the Pixie Hollow Games.  Post time 2021-7-15 15:49
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-16 06:18 , Processed in 0.185841 second(s), 60 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc