CreditFAQsContact usUpdate logAccount Frozen
Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
Read: 628|Reply: 0

[Story] Act the Sixth: We Made it Through the Wilderness!

[Copy url]
My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-4-25 21:41:02 | All posts |Dock
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2021-4-26 03:53

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

~"What an adventure!" said Heather.

~"I can't wait to fly out of here!" said Foxglove. "My feet really ache!"

~"Plus, we're almost out of Pixie Dust and sweets," said Heidi.

~"Yeah, because somefairy kept noshing on all of ours!" exclaimed Labyrinth, eyeing Cypress with a sharp grimace.

~"It's not my fault I'm still hungry," said Cypress.

~"All we have left are our cupcakes," said Phoebe.

~"I have one last cupcake," said Cypress, pulling out the biggest cupcake she packed: a maple dodecuple truffle with treacle in raspberry, strawberry, maple, blueberry, apricot, orange and grape flavours. She ate that and...

~"That was supposed to max us out again, but now we only got 120 smidges of Pixie Dust back!" cried Crystal.

~"That's all?!" exclaimed Foxglove. "But we had eightyfold capacity of Pixie Dust! That should've given us at least another 9600 smidges! Each!"

~"Which was just enough to take us through the Wilderness," said Primrose. "Flying the entire time would've used our Pixie Dust much faster."

~"Okay, make this very last bit of Pixie Dust Last because thanks to Cypress, only eight cupcakes remain," said Phoebe, pulling out her last sunflower cupcake and eating it.

~"Everyone that still has a cupcake, eat it now," said Crystal, pulling out her last raspberry cupcake and eating it.

~Six cupcakes remained, but Heidi had them all and knew she couldn't finish them all by herself, so she handed all but one to Cypress.

~"Are you crazy?!" cried Labyrinth. "If you have Cypress eat the cupcakes now, it'll only give us an eighth the amount it should at the most, maybe a roundup if we're lucky!"

~"But she's too hungry," said Heidi. "Okay Cypress, eating time!"

~Cypress downed ever last cupcake Heidi gave her, then Heidi ate her last cupcake. Everyone was maxed again. Cypress still wasn't full, but at least she wasn't hungry anymore either.

~"Everyone, grab onto something because I'm about to attempt to dry your wings first," warned Heidi.

~"Try bending the water out," suggested Onyx.

~Heidi did so with Onyx's wings first, but even though no more water could be bent out, Onyx still couldn't fly because her wings were still too damp. Heidi and Hickory worked at removing the water from everyone's wings, then, as Heidi repeated, they clutched onto something, Heidi took a huge breath and blew away the rest of the water from their wings before having Hickory do suit with her own. Now everyone could fly again!

~With everyone able to fly again, they all flew out of the Wilderness and cheered.

~"We did it!" cried Saffron.

~"Awesome!" cried Strawberry.

~"Yaaaaaaay!" cheered Lavender.

~Ginkgo did this dance called a Cabbage Patch by the humans, which involved both fists formed side by side in a horizontal cranking motion. She then flew a huge ring of nearby fallen leaves before playing jumprope with it for a while, then let the winds and leaves disperse.

~Amidst all the cheering, Heather couldn't help but wonder how Kyra was doing, so she decided to check on her. Magnolia and Onyx joined her too.

~When Heather, Magnolia and Onyx reached the Sick Bay, Kyra wasn't there anymore, but Larissa let them know that...

~"Y-y-y-yo-your f-f-fr-frie-e-en-n-nd i-i-is-s-s-s h-h-h-h-ho-ho-ho-home r-r-r-re-e-es-s-st-t-t-ti-i-in-n-ng."

~The three girls thanked Larissa and flew away.

~The girls then flew to Kyra's abode. Kyra was at home resting and had company, a small blue ladybug named Dragonsparkle. Unlike other Animal Friends, Dragonsparkle did not belong to anyone, but often came to help the very sick. He was the first ladybug with the ability to sense a fairy or sparrowman with a serious illness and would often alert the other Healers, namely Animal Healers first since some of them could speak Ladybug, then fly ahead to the patient's house and wait. Once at least one Healer was there, Dragonsparkle often had any visitors wait aside quietly, shushing them if they so much as whispered during the procedure because Healers need to concentrate. Once the problem was fixed, Kyra felt much better and the Healers left.

~When everyone was reunited, Kyra was there too.

~"Oh, Kyra, you missed it!" exclaimed Saffron. "We went into this huge Wilderness gauntlet and wound up there for at least three days!"

~"At least I'm not sick anymore," said Kyra. "In fact, I feel like going on a ripper of an adventure!"

~"We just finished that," said Heather. "Try the known Wilderness areas instead because that gauntlet is way too tough even for a Scout to take on alone."

~Kyra was a little disappointed, but she couldn't join before because she was far too sick. No one went to the Wilderness sick; it just wasn't done. Anyway, Kyra still wanted an adventure, so...

~All the Neverfairies that tried the gauntlet invited Kyra to attempt the Wilderness gauntlet, but on the second run-through for them, they saw that Kyra had it much easier because it felt like the Silver Trees, Bubbly Bog and Never Mine rolled into one with a bit of their gauntlet thrown in. Kyra really enjoyed it, but the others only came along to support despite being super tired. The Wilderness gauntlet was only marginally harder than the three known Wilderness areas combined, but at least now Kyra had tried the gauntlet.

~Shortly following the gauntlet, everyone went to Mae's Wing Care to relax. Mae gave everyone a wing wash and soon everyone felt relieved. Now they knew that this was no Wilderness trip to take alone, so they agreed that until proven safe, they'd always bring at least three friends.

~Because after all, thought Heidi. If it ain't safe for the Scouts, it ain't safe for the public.

~Indubitably, thought Gingerbright.

~"I agree," responded Daylily to Gingerbright aloud.

~~Everyone else looked at Daylily like she was famous for chasing frogs into the Wilderness to feast on flies.

~"Hey, mi cabeza, su cabeza."

~The whole group laughed and after Mae's Wing Care, decided they were done adventuring for the day. After all, they Made it Through the Wilderness Gauntlet.

Hope you enjoyed this last chapter of the Wilderness Gauntlet.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 03:14 , Processed in 0.128646 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc