16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-4-25 03:32:22 | All posts |Dock
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2021-4-25 03:49

Day Not Yet: I'm super excited to try out baking! Okay, I've been in several a role before, so how hard could it be? By the by, I think I may be a little overdressed. Oh, and I was told not to use a red pen because red wasn't a friendly colour to write with, so I'm using teal instead.

Day 1: I have my signature red on, but in baking garb. I can't wait to see what's cooking in the bakery today! Granted I've dressed in baking garb before, but I've only ever pretended to bake! Here's hoping I can at least learn the craft first , then have a little time to practise.

Day 2: Today I'm joined with Onyx to bake cookies. Onyx absolutely refuses to go anywhere without her favourite glowing stirring spoon (I know it looks like a wand, but bear with me), not even after some hygiene tasks I won't detail further! Just today, I saw her carrying a tray of wintry vanilla cookies whilst carrying her prized spoon the entire time! Thankfully Kyra had the decency to wear something that screams bakery.

Not even kidding, Kyra looked so good guess whose pollywog wanted in on the Kyra cupcake deal?

Holly came in to see her pollywog looking really sick after finishing off the frosting atop Kyra's head and even the cherry, pit and all. Holly then got on Kyra for letting Francesca eat all that frosting, but Kyra exclaimed that if Holly hadn't been so lackadaisical with her pollywog said pollywog wouldn't have a tummy-ache. Things got really verbally heated, but at least all the girls exchanged were angry words until I noticed Francesca ready to throw up. I quickly abandoned my post, took Fancesca out of the bakery and to Elixa, who thankfully had just the cure for a frosting-induced tummy-ache. She then explained that pollywogs and most fairy food, especially dairy and sweets, definitely did not mix. Better let Holly know to stop letting Francesca eat the leftovers because Francesca's been getting a little pudgy.

Day 3: Holly got really furious after my explanation, calling me jealous because I couldn't get a colourful Animal Friend like hers. Anyway, I was assigned to work with Daylily and Ginkgo, whose fireflies joined in. Holly and Francesca came in too, but Daylily told Holly that Francesca needed to rest for a few more days at home. Holly then snapped at Daylily (and by such I mean screamed) about being jealous because unlike Gingerbright and Violet Beacon, Francesca could hold hold her own very well when it came to food. Daylily felt Francesca's forehead and suddenly felt a little sick herself before quickly removing her hand. That was all the confirmation I needed; Francesca needed to return home to rest.

Day 4: While Ginkgo, Onyx, Daylily and I were busy in the kitchen, Holly flew in wailing over Francesca, crying that Francesca had grown even sicker and now she would have to leave Francesca with Elixa for a few weeks! Holly grabbed six of the cookies Onyx baked (wintry vanilla) and ate them one at a time. As Holly was sobbing, she was eating. Once she finished those six cookies, Holly grabbed another six cookies, this time the lavender-flavoured ones, which were baked by Onyx too. She grabbed six of the Neverberry cookies I baked... she kept 86ing the cookies by the sixes until she wound up with as bad a tummy-ache as Francesca had. By the by, if you were wondering why no more present tense,instead in the past, it's because I wrote Days 2 through today after my baking day. Also, 86 isn't just a number, it's also a verb that means to have zero of or to finish off.

Day 5: It was a busy, busy, busy day in the bakery today! I had 24 cookies in tow while Onyx had eight... and only eight. I was making three cookies per Onyx's one, so Ginkgo stepped in and fixed cookies, but...

I had a little trouble with the three trays.

Also, what in Neverland was Ginkgo wearing?!

Even Foxglove joined in on the fun dressed like a blue mouse chef! Of course, she would pick the most fun without getting messy task of decorating with special sprinkles. The cookies looked like:

They actually tasted really good!

Day 6: We finally got the hang of baking and just in time because we had so many orders come in for cookies! We got in orders for all sorts of flavours and soon we made over a  few thousand cookies! My personal favourites were the raspberry strawberry ultra quadruple truffle cookies with red sprinkles, red frosting, red icing, red cookies and seven tiny bits of raspberry surrounding a piece of strawberry! We weren't calling ourselves pros except Kyra, but these cookies were to fly for! Time now to give them to Dulcie, the best Baker we knew.

Day 7: We were awaiting our grade on the baking, but Dulcie wasn't alone... Ginger, one of the most bitter Bakers we knew, was one of the tasters too as well as Gelata, one of the oldest Bakers we knew. Neverfairies never share their ages because that just isn't done (except Prilla when she just Arrived), but it was clear we were much younger. We even had one last taster: The Queen herself! If our cooking didn't appease the Queen, we were sunk. Results tomorrow.

Day 8: On the Mainland, the grades go from A to F, sometimes stopping at E, but we get graded with flowers, five being the equivalent of an A, the highest letter grade. I open the letter and...

I scream with excitement and rush to tell the girls that we passed with flying colours!

Day Closing: I learnt that I was quite the top notch baker when I needed to be and I was happy to have had this experience, but I was ready for something new. Who knows where next I'll be needed? Only time will tell, but for now, I'm just happy to finally wear something that doesn't scream Baker.

So is Kyra.

So is Ginkgo.

So is Onyx.

And especially Foxglove!

Daylily, however, kept this on the entire time, even today!

Holly even came by with Francesca and they both felt much better.

If it was any constellation, we had a lot of fun.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-26 01:52 , Processed in 0.228995 second(s), 44 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc