Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-4-1 08:12:02 | All posts |Dock
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2021-4-1 19:06

Three syllables: Story Time!

~There was one day a year relished by jokesters and that day was April Fool's Day, but that was the Mainland name... in Pixie Hollow, the day, or days, were called Silly Days! What shenanigans were in store this year?

~Scouts normally didn't do silly, but Phoebe was more chipper than your average Scout. She and her sister Crystal planned a special... something for Silly Days, but what it was was as of yet unknown.

~Meanwhile Daylily, the most emotional Scout ever to Arrive in Neverland, was preparing all her bunny friends for the silliest parade of their lives! They usually hibernated until the Spring equinox because food was scarce in Winter, but this year they overhibernated by almost a fortnight. Elva, Jessie and Holly were there too, along with...

~"Aww, they look so cute!" cooed Crystal  as she and Phoebe joined in to greet the bunnies.

~"They are, but they'd better get their bushy bottoms out of their den before they miss the Silly Days Parade," said Elva. "It'll be a blast! Many animals displaying their talents and fairies doing suit, silly outfits and pranks, it'll be loads of fun!"

~A new bunny revealed herself, followed by her new sisters and brothers... all thirty per!

~"Wow!" said Phoebe. "61 bunnies this year!"

~"Indeed," said Daylily. "But here's the problem: these new bunnies all want in, but they're too young to participate. Last year their mother Casey almost got caught by a condor after she thorned her poor hind paws. She's been apprehensive of the parade since."

~"That's terrible," said Crystal.

~"And what's worse, the other rodents that were supposed to hibernate this winter are very cranky because some disturbance woke them in January and hadn't let them sleep again since."

~"Maybe we should cancel the parade this year," said Jessie. "Or at the very least, the rodent portion of said parade."

~"Cancel the Silly Days Parade?!" exclaimed a new Event Talent named Serendipity Cozysage as she landed, her brown curls falling in front of her face. "Perish the thought that we should have no Silly Days Parade!"

~"But the other hibernating rodents only got 26 days' hibernation this year and have been up the rest of the winter and into spring too," said Elva. "Besides, the bunnies that were born here are too young to participate."

~"The parade must go on!"

~"But the hibernators!" cried Holly.

~"Now, I've a parade to prep for, so toodles." Serendipity left.

~"Can you believe that?" asked Elva.

~"No matter," said Daylily. "We need to alert the Queen about the hibernators being denied their much needed sleep."

~"And Mother Dove," added Jessie.

~"Mother Dove already knows." Daylily then told the bunnies in their language, "Just rest here."

~Off to the Queen.

~Although cases were pled, the Queen sided with the Animal Talents because she too had sympathy for the animals, just as a Leading Talent would and plus, she knew that an underrested animal or fairy was an inefficient one. The hibernators were free to resume their slumber instead of partcipating in the parade. Speaking of such, an announcement was made that the Silly Days Parade would be postponed for a week to let the hibernators that hadn't slept well this winter catch up, but other festivities would still be held, which greatly relieved everyone but the Event Talents that didn't work well with animals.

~Daylily sang lullabyes to all the hibernators in an attempt to allow them to rest... at least for a week. Jessie, Elva and Holly also helped in easing the hibernators to sleep and even Robin, Juno, Twilight and Hope helped too. Saffron and Strawberry joined in, Saffron singing while Strawberry played. Xenops R. joined in too to sing lullabyes to the hibernators. Hopefully this would buy another week, maybe a fortnight.

~"Let's leave them to sleep," whispered Daylily, beckoning everyone to follow. "A week won't be enough, but it'll at least make them a week healthier."

~Unfortunately that night Daylily found out why the hibernators weren't sleeping well: Eight other Event Talents, all newer than Serendipity, were busy building for the Silly Days Parade set to happen next week and they were loud, rude and messy. Also, they had an air to them that made the animals too uncomfortable to sleep and used vocabulary that no polite fairy would want to repeat. As soon as she saw Casey's nose through her window, that was the last straw. Daylily immediately changed into her work clothes and followed Casey.

~"Daylily, it's horrible," said Casey, very upset in a way rabbits can show despite not being able to cry. "Not a one of my 61 young can fall back asleep tonight. I can't even get them back to sleep and neither can the other Animal Talents, not even the other Animal Scouts or Singers. What's worse, almost no other rodent slept as soundly as we did over the winter because the setup was too close to their homes and now look." Casey pointed her nose towards the streamers. "And what's even worse, these eight have been asking the Tinkers to do all this stuff instead of doing this themselves or asking their own guildmates for help, leaving the Tinkers tired too."

~"Even Jessie?" asked Daylily in Rabbit, trying not to cry from Casey's sheer sadness.

~"Especially her. Come into my burrow."

~Inside Casey's burrow lay Jessie, the only one fast asleep among the bunnies.

~"She ran out of Pixie Dust, so she couldn't fly back home," explained Casey.

~Daylily was overcome with sadness and distress from the 61 young bunnies, showing in her tears. Animal Scouts could usually hide their emotions a little better than most Water or Animal Talents, but Daylily was even worse at that than Rani or Beck, the two strongest of their respective talents. She walked over to Jessie, growing readier and readier to cry a monsoon, took Jessie in arms and placed her carefully on the ground before joining her. Daylily wound up weeping all over Jessie until she too fell asleep.

~When everyone was up, Daylily still felt very weepy, but she woke up, Jessie's tummy covered in Daylily's tears because the latter used the former's tummy as a pillow. Thankfully Gingerbright came to see Daylily.

~"I'm sorry I didn't let you know I was trying to help the hibernators," Daylily told Gingerbright in Firefly. "But Jessie and I were the only two in here that slept at all last night and..."

~Jessie awoke and asked, "Why is my tummy wet?"

~Switching back to English, Daylily answered, "I'd fly backwards in time, but I was too sad to leave you in here without Pixie Dust without a fairy friend."

~"Well, I definitely can't parade about in this today," Jessie said, looking at the tear stain on her shirt.

~Parade?! Daylily thought. "That reminds me: those Event Talents last night were setting up for the parade here!" she exclaimed. "We have to get going!"

~"But I'm out of Pixie Dust."

~"Then we'll have to go on foot since I'm almost out too."

~Bidding farewell to Casey and her young and wishing a better night's rest that night, Daylily and Jessie rushed away on foot while Gingerbright joined the two on wing.

~After getting their daily rations of Pixie Dust, Jessie and Daylily checked the other hibernators: except the dormice and chipmunks, the rest of the rodents were asleep, so it was lullabye time. Once the lullabyes were sung to all the hibernators and said hibernators fell asleep, next stop was to let the Matriarchs, Ministers and Talent Leaders know that the rodents would need at least another month to hibernate. They knew what had to happen, but they wouldn't like it: no parade this year.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-5-8 20:33 , Processed in 0.132024 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc