16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-3-20 00:59:00 | All posts |Dock
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2021-3-20 01:03

Welcome to another episode of "And Today's Tale is...", which will follow this sentence.

~One fine day in March came a laugh that split into two parts, one larger than the other. The smaller piece developed first into Magnolia Cedargem, a Tinker with the knack for speed and a need to mitigate tedium. The larger piece became Onyx Cedargem, a Soup Talent that could also boil water without needing a stove. Although not exactly a tomboy, Magnolia preferred to keep active while Onyx preferred a calmer pace.

~One day the pair came across two veteran fairies that were also sisters: Jessamine Islandsong, who often went by Jessie and Elva Nightvalley. Jessie was a Tinker as well, but she worked equally well with animals while Elva was an Animal Talent. Jessie was a little younger than Elva and a bit plumper, but they were both the same height: 124 millimetres tall, which was a bit shorter than average. Magnolia was only 103 millimetres while Onyx was just over fourteen centimetres.

~The two pairs of twins decided to go exploring when they met Tansy, who was carrying lots of acorns despite how small she was. A lot of Harvesters were busy gathering up pollen because almost every bee had caught a new illness that only bees could catch: the Zero-Flight, No Signal Pox.

~According to Jessie, this new illness required a special elixir called bee bread, which was honey mixed with pollen, but the pollen had to come from lavenders since bees loved lavenders. Borage was also a good choice, but for the nectar since it was another bee favourite. Lastly, they needed a hint of dandelion petals to be crushed in, then the mixture thinned for easier consumption.

~"Let's hurry!" cried Jessie.

~First, the flowers were gathered so the cure could be made. Daylily, who was tending to a few bees with some Healing and Animal Talents, knew how to crush the petals gently so as not to release too much scent into the air. Lavender was growing her namesake as well as borage and dandelions where her feet were planted, then wore a lavender flower as a hat before rushing to Kyra's kitchen, where she was baking dandelions, pansies, purslanes, nasturtium, borages, lavenders, honeysuckles, hibiscus, chamomiles, roses, squash blossoms, oregano and anise flowers into cakes.

~"Ooooh, don't mind if I do!" said Magnolia before tasting a squash blossom. "Tastes a little weird."

~"Those are for the cakes," said Kyra.

~"All righty then, let's baking."

~As the girls baked and cooked soup, they saw a bee hovering nearby.

~"Aww, how cute," said Elva. "She's come to help."

~The bee was one of the few remaining healthy bees, so she was able to provide information on how to mix the right amount of each flower so it would heal the most bees. All was going well until...

~"Oh no!" cried Tansy as she flew into the kitchen. "Girls, we'd better get a move on before those wasps come by!"

~"Wasps?!" cried the rest.

~"And what's worse, those wasps are even larger and stronger than the normal wasps!" cried Holly. "Oh, if only I could speak any other language of the Animal Kingdom in addition to the Chordate languages!"

~Fortunately, Daylily could not only speak to the wasps, she could even convince them to head elsewhere without hurting them, one of the perks of being an Animal Scout. "Animal Talents and Jessie, follow me!"

~The rest of the girls continued to work on the cure.

~As Daylily and the other three that could speak to animals flew, the wasps followed, splitting in four directions.

~"This way!" called Elva in Wasp.

~"No, follow me!" called Jessie in Wasp.

~"This way please!" called Daylily in Wasp.

~Holly tried to convince the wasps to follow her, but they instead went for...

~"The sleuth!" cried Daylily. "Holly, those wasps are going to sting that sleuth of bears if we don't redirect them!"

~"But I can't drive those wasps away," Holly admitted. "I can only converse with Chordates."

~"But bears are Chordates!" said Jessie. "Plus, I don't think the wasps are as compelled to follow any of us combined as they are Daylily."

~"You try to get the bears to safety while we try again with the wasps," suggested Elva.

~"All right, let's do this thing!" cheered Holly.

~Holly went to tell the bears to follow her away from their feeding spot to avoid getting stung. Meanwhile, Elva and Jessie had trouble convincing the wasps to follow them to a different spot better suited for wasps until...

~"Daylily, the wasps won't listen to us!" called Elva. "They'll only listen to an Animal Scout!"

~"Join the sleuth ad I'll lead the wasps away!" called Daylily as she flew up and scoped out an area were more wasps hung out. "It's go time."

~Meanwhile, the non-Animal Talent were busy making compotes, soups and cakes for the sick bees when the aromas of the flowers grew so strong it filled the entire kitchen. Even the bees that visited wanted to keep away from the strong stench!

~"Uh-oh," said Kyra as the wasps started storming towards the kitchen!

~"Fly away!" cried Magnolia as all the non-Animal Talents rushed out of the kitchen.

~"Hi girls! Bye girls!" called Daylily as she grabbed the compote and darted back out.

~"Coming through!" called Jessie, taking one of the cakes. "Toodle-oo!"

~"One side!" called Elva, taking seven more cakes. "Bye-bye!"

~"Sorry, need these!" called Holly, grabbing the remaining cakes. "Fly with you in a bit!"

~"What in Neverland just happened?" asked Tansy.

~"Not sure, but at least they left the soup," said Onyx.

~"Sorry girls, need the soup too!" called Labyrinth as she zipped in, piggybacking with Ginkgo. "Toodles!"

~And there went the could've-been cure for the Zero-Flight, No Signal Pox.

~The Wasp Patrol managed to get the wasps clustered among the other wasps, but there was another problem: the failed cure for the bees attracted hornets too, huge ones, but they zoomed in on Daylily... only Daylily!

~"Here we go again," said Daylily as she flew off to scope where the hornets belonged. The hornets followed her everywhere she went despite the failed cure smelling so good to the hornets, so she decided to lead everyone to hornet territory. The other hornets were busy until...

~"Yoo-hoo, hornets!" called Daylily in Hornet. "Got something delicious for you!"

~The hornets zoomed excitedly around Daylily, who set down the failed cure for the bees and watched the hornets eat.

~"Bye-bye, hornets, and keep to your normal fare!" called Daylily in Hornet. "C'mon," she whispered in English.

~"Finally, no more of that smelly comp-uh-oh-te!" said Kyra.

~"Yoo-hoo, we're back!" called Daylily. "And it smells much better!" Daylily tasted the new compote. "Yuck! Definitely better for bees than fairies, though."

~"Compote's on!" called Onyx.

~As the girls all flew about giving their new compote cure to all the sick bees, the bees immediately felt better and soon things were right as rain again! After all that hard work, the girls relaxed at Mae's Wing Care for the rest of the day, then headed to their respective homes.

I hope you enjoyed this tale!

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-5-7 23:30 , Processed in 0.127460 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc