1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-2-3 14:18:20 | All posts |Dock
Cue yet another tale from yours truly, what it's about you'll soon find out.

~Foxglove Glitterbeam was a Light Talent, but she preferred purple to yellow, a colour Light Fairies normally wore despite being born with yellow wings. She especially relished a particular stripey dress of two shades of lavender, but had at least a few dozen more outfits. The smaller Silver Winterjewel, who was still far taller than Foxglove, wore her favoutire blue tie-dye dress this day with some fancy jewellery. Daylily, who recently had to replace her wings because her old ones turned invisible before fading away (among others undergoing the same fate), came by with her favourite orange feathery dress on, but was unshod today. The sight of those bare feet covered in dirt made Foxglove shudder.

~"Why do you often go about barefoot?" Foxglove asked Daylily.

~"Because sometimes I have to go into muddy waters for rescues and my shoes would take too long to dry," answered Daylily. "Plus, bare feet are much easier to clean."

~That was when a snail slithered along next to Daylily and Daylily stepped right in the snail's slimy trail!

~"Eeeww!" exclaimed Foxglove, greatly repulsed that anyone would willingly stand in a trail of slime barefoot. "Just watching that makes me feel all..." and Foxglove shuddered again.

~"Relax, Harriet's slime is very soothing on my feet and it helps to loosen the dirt a little by moistening it," explained Daylily. "That's what I usually do first after I'm done with all those muddy missions for the day, then I go to get cleaned up, especially my feet." Daylily floated above the slime and bade farewell, then flew to get cleaned up, which she had to do every day because being an Animal Scout was messy worked, but she wouldn't trade it for anything else.

~Eugh, how anyone can stand to wear snail slime for that long is beyond me, thought Foxglove.

~Speaking of snail slime, Heather, an Actress (still counts as a Performer), was trying to capture her inner snail by disguising herself as one, but unlike a real snail, she couldn't produce her own slime. Still, she was trying to see life through a snail's eyes... if a snail had eyes.

~"Just what in Pixie Hollow are you doing?" asked Foxglove.

~"I'm trying to be one," began Heather. "With the snail, but that would be a little easier if I were far deafer than Ginkgo or far blinder than Tansy because snails can't hear or see, but they can smell very well."

~"I don't know, this is more my speed." Foxglove then flew to capture a bit of sunlight and shaped it into some jewellery to wear. "See?"

~"Thanks for ruining the immersion!" cried another Actress, who also wanted to be a snail. "C'mon, Heather, let's slither." And the two pretend snails left very slowly.

~But Foxglove didn't care about snail immersion nearly as much as she cared about looking good, so she went to get some new outfits, even...

~"Oh-la-la, tres chic!" Foxglove said about a purple stripey tunic paired with darker purple leggings. After she got the new outfit, she got several more cute outfits. Afterwards, she hung them all in her closet and started collecting light to accenuate her wardrobe.

~Because Foxglove Arrived with more than one skill, said skills balanced out, rendering her Light Bending a little more Fashion-focused, ergo she couldn't give plants enough light by herself. Having more than one skill was heard of, but it was a little less common to be Incomplete, rarer still for multiple skills to balance and legendary to be Overcomplete, but Foxglove had the right level of Completion, albeit causing balanced skills. This didn't bring her down any, though and after adding a cute blue headband she had, she went to explore.

~Gem collection was another favourite pasttime of Foxglove's (or pretty much any Miner's or Light Talent's) and her favourites were the amethysts because they were the right shade of purple to match her outfit. She found another Light Fashionista, Victoria Brightfig, helping a Tinkering Fashionista named Jessamine Islandsage, who preferred going by Sammy, mine for gems. The smaller Silver also liked gems, but unlike Foxglove, who began to shiver from the cold, donned a beach outfit she had since it was a little too warm for a Winter Talent like her. Everyone also wore helmets to protect their heads. All was going smoothly until...

~"What in the...?" began Sammy as the three helmets dimmed.

~"Oh no, our light crystals!" cried Victoria.

~"And our glows!" cried Silver.

~"Maybe I can help?" asked Foxglove.

~"Grab a helmet and some light," said Sammy.

~Foxglove took a bejewelled helmet that was completely purple, went outside and gathered lots of light before shaping it into cute gems, then paired each gem with a light crystal, tripling their power! Things were about to go smoothly when a loud sneeze was heard far away.

~"Tansy must be trying to harvest pollen again," suggested Silver.

~"With that strong sneeze?" asked Sammy. "That sounded more like one of Hickory's."

~Cue six more loud sneezes, the last one a different pitch.

~"Mission abort! I repeat, mission abort!" Daylily cried, rushing into the gem mine wearing a face mask and grey helmet with the last working light crystal. "Tansy, Hickory and Saffron fell into the sneezewort!"

~"Sneezewort?!" cried the four other fairies.

~"Wear these masks and follow me!"

~Daylily passed out masks and all five fairies rushed to the source of the sneezing.

~Fortunately Labyrinth and her brother Quarry Magicshimmer were Dust Keepers, meaning they couldn't sneeze, but neither were strong enough to rescue more than one at a time even working together and what was worse, now Holly had fallen into the sneezewort!

~Maybe if I make a chain of light gems, we can rescue everyone, thought Foxglove.

~But as Foxglove lowered the light chain down, she realised the folly of her plan: only the Magicshimmers and Victoria could touch that chain because 1. light was only tangible to Light Talents, 2. the Magicshimmers didn't just work in Dust, but were extra magical, even in light and 3. Foxglove couldn't lift very much even if she added a lot of Fairy Dust to make stuff lighter.

~"New plan," said Daylily. "We have to fly down to the sneezewort and rescue everyone." Daylily had some nose clamps at the ready for each nose that didn't belong to a Dust Keeper in case the masks weren't enough. She then clamped her nose and dove in, breating via her mouth instead.

~Everyone did suit and soon the four fallen fairies were rescued, but...

~"We definitely need to bathe off this sneezewort," said Foxglove. "And have it laundered away."

~Everyone agreed and soon everyone felt like themselves again.

~Foxglove still didn't like to get dirty, but now she had a greater respect for Scouts and Animal Talents and other talents in general. Still, nothing beat being a Light Fashionista with the added skill of making gems from light.

~Because after all, she thought. Not everyone is made to fit the same talent guild.

I hope you enjoyed this tale.

Guest  Post time 2021-2-10 13:16:03
aww that was adorable! your characters we're very uniqe! love the snail actresses hehe.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
 Author| Post time 2021-2-10 13:37:16 | All posts
Anonymous replied at 2021-2-10 13:16
aww that was adorable! your characters we're very uniqe! love the snail actresses hehe.
Thanks! I sometimes write stories here.

Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-5-8 13:00 , Processed in 0.180022 second(s), 67 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc