1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2021-1-31 20:19:22 | All posts |Dock
Okay, back when I'd just graduated from school, I made a pair of wings from paper and secured them with tape before adding ribbonlike belts to fasten said wings to my back. But have you ever wanted a pair of wings for costumes, but couldn't find any you liked or could wear? This tutorial can help with that and I've included pictures that I just drew in Paintbrush.

1. You'll need at least two sheets of paper reserved for the wings (I used four) and two for the strap mechanism. You'll also need tape and ribbons of some sort that are long enough to wrap around your torso at least once and still tie in a bow.
2. To make a wing, fold the paper like an aeroplane until you get a kite shape.

3. Repeat for the other wing.
4. If making two pairs of wings, you may want to make the thicker wings the uppers and make the kite shape thinner with one more fold on each side.

5. Repeat for the other lower wing.
6. Fasten your wings together, making sure the largest pair is at the top and the smallest at the bottom.

7. To make the first part of the holding mechanism for the wings, fold it horizontally into roughly eight sections, then fasten your wings to the mechanism. Make sure the first strip is vertical.

8. To make the second, fold the other sheet vertically to a comparable width, then thread the folded part through the first strip, leave room in the loops and fasten with tape.

9. To make the arm straps, simply thread ribbons through the loops and tie them to yourself, making sure they fit.

10. Ensure all seals that need to stay fastened are done with tape and your paper wings are ready either to wear or decorate! Just be sure to avoid the tape if using glossy tape.

Granted I know these wings take a little more paper than one would normally include in an essay, but they're easy to repair as long as they stay dry. Also, the larger you are, the larger the paper and ribbons you'll need and these wings are meant to look like geometric wings based on the drawings.

My relations0

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Pixie Youtuber :D

Credits
<
Post time 2021-2-1 15:01:33 | All posts
Thank you TheCuriousSeed! Wow these look very fun to make! Thank you for posting the step by step guide to making them! They must have looked stunning on you when you wore them when you graduated
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiZgHWqnVL7FV1IwXXpPXmg?sub_confirmation=1
Please like and subscribe for more pixie hollow related content.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

<
 Author| Post time 2021-2-1 15:36:46 | All posts
SapphireGlitter replied at 2021-2-1 15:01
Thank you TheCuriousSeed! Wow these look very fun to make! Thank you for posting the step by step gu ...
They were pretty simple, actually. I just left them the same colour as the paper.

Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

<
 Author| Post time 2021-2-1 15:39:54 | All posts
SapphireGlitter replied at 2021-2-1 15:01
Thank you TheCuriousSeed! Wow these look very fun to make! Thank you for posting the step by step gu ...
As promised, one edit to my reply on your thread on Padme Amidala from Star Wars after the verdict.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-23 22:44 , Processed in 0.146136 second(s), 78 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc