My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
Post time 2019-6-27 12:56:00 | All posts |Dock
hey everyone,

for all of those who requested a drawing of your fairy/sparrowman from me last year and did not receive it, i am sincerely sorry for that. there are multiple reasons for this, which i will explain. the first reason is that I work very slow and because art consumes alot of time for me, it was difficult to estimate when i'd be finished with the many requests i got. the second reason is that i was and still am dissatisfied with my art style, which is a common thing for many artists that strive for perfection like I do. the third reason is that I don't get anything out of it. don't get me wrong, I love art and am always happy to do it, but if the person i'm making art for for free doesn't even use or care about the artwork that I gave them, those are many hours I spent gone wasted. I'm just not sure some people realize all of the time and effort that artists put into their work, and how the process of art is  frustrating and painful sometimes.

the good news is, I am not saying that I won't finish these art requests. I would love to finish them, but before I do I need to 1. improve my art style and more importantly 2. learn to make art at a faster pace. I can't say exactly when, but I'm hoping to finish the first round of the requests by the end of this summer. I won't be taking new requests yet, but feel free to pm me and i'll add you to a waiting list , which is currently empty during the time I'm writing this. and please, only request my art if you intend to use it somehow or display it somewhere on your page   

as for the picture below, this (my fairy) is my progress from last year to this year in art. the picture on the right is a current work in progress of mine. I think I'm improving, slowly but surely.

thanks, tamara

C53E7D82-9C21-44F8-BA39-79A3AAD7AE33.JPEG
My relations14

Threads

1k+

9k+

Credits

Minister

Hey, its May. ❤

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contribution

<
Post time 2019-6-27 15:10:40 | All posts
Your art style is amazing in my opinion, it's really unique. Never stop doing what you love- and no pressure do things on your own time. <3
Villiana on the forums, Nilla in 1.0 ~ Nissa in 2.0.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations4

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Glitter is always an option...

Credits
Post time 2019-6-27 15:40:59 | All posts
Your art is honestly so stunning! It looks almost windswept and very dreamy. There is beauty in time. Keep on with what you love. You're extremely talented! <3
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-27 16:20:37 | All posts
Villiana replied at 2019-6-27 14:10
Your art style is amazing in my opinion, it's really unique. Never stop doing what you love- and no  ...

ty <3 that means alot
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations11

Threads

8k+

Credits

Global Moderator

| C o l o r b l i n d .

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

<
Post time 2019-6-27 16:20:41 | All posts
| Ooohh look at that improvement! I see that you’re trying out digital as well.
| Regarding your reasons, I relate to this A LOT. Finding a consistent art style that you feel comfy with is like finding a needle in a haystack; you can’t simply find it, you gotta grind for it!
| Another thing, it is completely normal to feel demotivated over your own work sometimes... The feel of not getting a similar weight in return is horrible but only if you look at it that way. What I’m trying to do rn is that I use these pieces that I’m willing to make for free are for honing my skills as an artist, and to experiment possibilities to create my own style. It can be a win-win situation.
| My advice for you rn is to keep honing that talent of yours and draw what your heart desires. We don’t mind if you can’t make those requests at the moment. Besides, nobody is forcing you to do these after all c;
| Sorry for the long post hnng... Have a nice day, and I love your piece. ;w;
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-27 16:24:02 | All posts
Kimberly-Kate replied at 2019-6-27 14:40
Your art is honestly so stunning! It looks almost windswept and very dreamy. There is beauty in time ...

ty so much
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-27 16:25:52 | All posts
MoonFields replied at 2019-6-27 15:20
| Ooohh look at that improvement! I see that you’re trying out digital as well.  
| Regarding you ...

ty for the advice <3
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits
Post time 2019-6-27 18:34:29 | All posts
your art looks really amazing! keep up the good work!
https://media.giphy.com/media/ucl0FvGkYW8cZCvqbO/giphy.gif
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations105

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Administrator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

active userwarmheartedOutstanding staffministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contributionGuardians

<
Post time 2019-6-27 22:15:42 | All posts
I think a lot of artists feel this way, myself included, in regards to when recipients don't display or respond to the art, and it kind of goes into the void.. As for your art style I also completely understand not being satisfied with it, but from an outside perspective I think your improvement is just stunning. Keep on drawing, can't wait to see more of your work.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-6-27 22:22:02 | All posts
Jasper replied at 2019-6-27 21:15
I think a lot of artists feel this way, myself included, in regards to when recipients don't display ...

thanks jas!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 09:16 , Processed in 0.238155 second(s), 153 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc