5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2018-10-23 18:07:55 | All posts |Dock
Edited by Fuffeedoo1 at 2018-10-23 05:17 PM

I was originally going to post this last Sunday, but I was SOOOOOOO BUSY THAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, leading up to October 22nd, I posted nostalgia threads about the original Pixie Hollow. Yay!

Before we get into FairyABC, here's some info about the old events:

Art Month-Art Month was held in January starting in 2010. Artsy items were sold and there was always a home decorating contest. It was also a popular time for new hairstyles and other new stuff in the Hollow to be added.

Sweet Week-This was usually held before the week before the Friendship Festival. You'd get an item if you put a certain object in your home

Fairy Friendship Festival-The equivelant of Valentine's Day, some of the meadows were decorated with heart canopies. Starting in 2011, you'd earn a badge with the help of the ballroom gift, the heart emote and other fairies.

Spring Celebration-In the beginning of March, there was usually a preparing for spring quest. Then, there would be some distaster in the Spring Valley that can be seed from the map. But there would be rainbows when spring finally arrives and there was usually a golden clover hunt.

Silly Days-It started off small, but in 2011, Mermaid Grotto opened. There was also a comedy show at the theatre. In 2013, it became two seperate events; Silly Days and the Mermaid Party

Never Dove Egg Hunt-It was the equivelant of Easter and you'd find pebbles painted like Never Dove Eggs

Nature Days-It's the equivelant of Earth Day and usually involved a Kit quest. In 2010, there was a beach cleanup

Animal Mother's Day-It only consisted of a quest and famous fairy visit really in 2010, but starting in 2011, you could take care of the baby animals while their moms take a day off

Garden Tea Party-It was in the middle of summer in 2009 and it was right before summer in other years. There would be tea tables in some of the meadows. Starting in 2011, you could use three hats and emotes to help with the party

Camp Pixie Dust-It was held during the entire summer starting in 2010. There were five talent troops and uniforms, a ballroom pool and Lyria campfire stories as well as other surprises that varied from year to year. The camp was usually divided into sections with new things in each one. The camp was Sports Camp in 2011.

Great Games-It was only held in 2009 and 2010, and there was a Tinkerbell quest and a talent game championship

Summer Splash Party-Palm Tree Cove was decorated and there was a Silvermist quest and a hidden lucky fish

End of Summer Sparkler-Acorn Summit and Springtime Orchard were decorated with gorgeous lights and light talents were celebrated

Changing of the Leaves-The Autumn Forest had leaf painting stations and there was a quest to prepare for autumn

Animal Masquerade-It's the equivelant of Halloween. Fairies were encouraged to dress up and animal costumes were sold. Starting in 2010, there was trick or treating for free items in almost all the meadows.

Fairy Feast-It's the equivelant of Thanksgiving, and it began as the Autumn Jubilee in 2008. There was always a cornucopia. Starting in 2010, you could prepare the pumpkin soup and decorate the cake.

Movie event-There was always a themed event at around the time of the release of the newest Tinkerbell movie. Different activities were added:
First Movie-Tink's Arrival Day Party-It introduced Cottonpuff Field and there was a free hammer gift
Lost Treasure-Autumn Revelry-You could harvest the blue pixie dust in the Autumn Forest
Great Fairy Rescue-Welcome Home Party-You could enter Lizzy's fairy house
Pixie Hollow Games-The coliseum was introduced and there was a cheer zone in the theatre
Secret of the Wings-There was a secret Frost Forest and an interactive snowmaker

Winter Wonderland Party-It began with the Great Winter Light Up where the Winter Woods are decorated in beautiful lights. Then came the Winter Wonderland party. Starting in 2010, you could enter the ice palace (winterhall) and have a snowball fight in the ballroom.

I know what you all are thinking; you're very upset because these events are gone. I feel you; I used to look forward to them all the time and eagerly run to my computer for the event after getting home from school. That's why I created a blog which basically "brings back the events". I post about nostalgia, event themed activities, FairyABC outfits and I even add a badge. I'll be doing a revelry post on November 5th.

But, one of my favorite parts about the events were the famous fairy visits. Fun fact: famous fairies originally had white text bubbles. They also used to show up at random rather than having a scheduled meet and greet. As a special treat, here's all the famous fairies that visited and their first appearance:
Tinkerbell-Arrival Day Party (2008)
Fawn-2008 Animal Masquerade
Tabby-Autumn Jubilee (2008)
Iridessa-2008 Winter Light Up
Silvermist-2008 Winter Wonderland
Rosetta-2009 Fairy Friendship Festival
Kit-2009 Nature Days
Marina-Formally Spring (2008)Sweet Pea-Summer 2009
Minister of Autumn-2009 Changing of the Leaves
Minister of Winter-2009 Winter Wonderland
Bess-2010 Art Month
Vidia-2010 Friendship Festival
Minister of Spring-2010 Spring Celebration
Beck-2010 Animal Mother's Day
Minister of Summer-2010 Garden Tea Party
Lyria-2010 Camp Pixie Dust
Slate-2010 Great Games
Terence-2011 Friendship Festival
Chloe-Pixie Hollow Games  (2011)
Dulcie-2012 Sweet Week
Queen Clarion-Spring 2012
Periwinkle-Sister Celebration (2012)

There were also the Pixie Pals. There were 19 in them and they came in various talents. They were a lot like us fairies and some even occationally changed their hairstyle. They frequently change their outfits too. They first appeared in Camp Pixie Dust 2010 as Camp Counselors. They had green nametags and chat bubbles. They appeared again in the Animal Masquerade as Animal Buddies. At first, their name tag and pixie page address (yes, you could visit their pixie page) would change depending on the event. But in 2013, they decided to settle on the Pixie Pals.

Other types of famous fairy visits were the fashion spotlights. Marina would show up to pick fairies with creative outfits that match the month's theme using some of the new collections to feature on the Never News. I attended some of those spotlights and some of the outfits I'm still proud of. But I never got in. At first, Marina would show up at random when the new fashions get released. I was actually at one of those random visits.

Another type was a theatre performance. They were held every day during Camp Pixie Dust (Lyria campfire story) and Silly Days (comedy show). They were held at the top of the hour on every server. You aren't allowed to use public chat in the theatre during those performances.

Which famous fairies have you managed to meet (includes FairyABC)?

But let's move away to the past and head to the present; FairyABC! I played the first ever addition of FairyABC which was in 2013 I think. It really was just a site where you'd fly around Pixie Hollow as a fairy and you couldn't really do anything other than that. It shut down, but it reopened in summer 2015. The 2015 version allowed you to create a fairy, but the creation didn't save, you couldn't really do anything, it was very glitchy and it took forever to load. It shut down then.

But in June 2016, FairyABC finally opened, though it was very glitchy and limited at the time. You could interact with other fairies, your creation would save and you could dress your fairy up in the shops. In August that year, all accounts were deleted during a major update. In September, the forum was added. There were some events in late 2016 like the Moon Festival and the Animal Masquerade which both had event meadows. There were even some famous fairy visits. Frost talents were also added, which was the first new talent since 2008.

2017 began with new wings. In the spring, several meadows that weren't in Pixie Hollow were added. One of them had a new shop. Though the beginning of 2017 was quiet in terms of events other than a few, there were more in the later part of the year. A few, like the Moon Festival, were FairyABC run, but some were community run, like Talent Month. At the end of the year, silly sweets were added.

2018 was a great year for FairyABC. It has been very eventful with mostly community run events including the full moon balls, Fashion Contest Friday and Talent Month. Famous fairies even showed up at some of those events (I was SO excited to see Bess at the Talent Ball because she's the only famous fairy I haven't met). FABC 2.0 was heavilly in development that year. This version had MUCH more talents, a better decorating system and more salon options like highlights and even makeup. When 2.0 came out, you had the choice to play 1.0 or 2.0, but many just did 1.0 because 2.0 was still very buggy and limited. 2.0 is currently shut down for updates. But in 1.0 the Pixie Dust Tree and the library were added which was cool.

So...yeah. I guess we're in the present now. So Happy Anniversary Pixie Hollow! What was your favorite part about the game? What was your favorite memory?

[img]http:/
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 04:04 , Processed in 0.172415 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc