Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2018-9-4 18:30:19 | All posts |Dock
Can you believe the 10th anniversary of the Pixie Hollow online world is coming up? That's right, the world opened in fall 2008 which is almost 10 years ago! I need to do something special for such a momentous occation. So each week leading up to October 22nd (the anniversary of when the Beta ended), I'll post a thread which will reminisce about Pixie Hollow's iconic features from quests to wilderness to pets. I'll cover two features in each thread. Also, I might share some fun facts or ideas. There may be other surprises in these theads too. If you have any ideas for what I should add, please PM me.

Also, feel free to share your favorite memories about those types of Pixie Hollow features I explain in these threads in the comments. I love reading them.

Now, because it's the first week, let's talk about FAIRY CREATION!

It has been around even before Pixie Hollow actually opened. You could create a light, garden, water or animal fairy. You can customize her and even choose a wide selection of clothes.

In December 2008, the Create a Fairy recieved an update. Tinker talent was added, the clothing selection was limited, and each fairy was limited to nine talent colored hues for clothing (nine for clothing and nine for accessories). A fun thing to do for the 10th anniversary is to dress your fairy using ONLY the 2009 options.

Hair options
Animal Talent Wardrobe
Garden Talent Wardrobe
[url=http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Create_a_Fairy_Wardrobe_Options:_Light_Talent_(19_December_2008_to_3_September_2009)]Light Talent Wardrobe
[/url][url=http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Create_a_Fairy_Wardrobe_Options:_Tinker_Talent_(19_December_2008_to_3_September_2009)]Tinker Talent Wardrobe
[/url][url=http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Create_a_Fairy_Wardrobe_Options:_Water_Talent_(19_December_2008_to_3_September_2009)]Water Talent Wardrobe
[/url]
In September 2009, the Create a Fairy changed so it would actually be an arrival day in the Pixie Dust Tree with Queen Clarion greeting you. All fairies would arrive with a dandilion fluff arrival gown, however, the clothes were very limited as nonmembers could only buy a simple talent colored outfit at Brook's Basics. In the beginning of summer 2010, hair options became limited.

Create a Fairy returned to FairyABC. Frost talents were even added (which was the first new talent since 2008). In 2.0, you could change your fairy's height again and there's now 18 talents to pick from!

Another feature that has been around since the pre beta was home decorating where you'd decorate a home based on your fairy's talent. In the original Pixie Hollow, you'd start out with a few decorations which are different depending on your talent. In November 2010, you could buy a new home and even get one that's three times taller than your original. A frost talent large home was even added in November 2012 for the Secret of the Wings event.

Home decorating returned in FairyABC, though it was limited compared to the original game. 2.0 has an improved home decorating system (I should get on 2.0 and start decorating soon).

And let me close this thread off with some fun facts; in Pixie Hollow 2008, you could donate ingredients and earn badges for donating. There also used to be sections called, "Home Sweet Home" (about home decorations) and "Featured Badge" in the Pixie Postings.

Fly with you later!

[img]http:/
My relations10

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2018-9-4 21:46:26 | All posts
Thank you for giving us these awesome fun facts about the original game, it truly shows how much this means to you and clearly to all of us!
Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

~ Yahdremro ~

Credits
<
Post time 2018-9-4 22:49:49 | All posts
Oh reading those facts was super interesting! o0o
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations11

Threads

8k+

Credits

Global Moderator

| C o l o r b l i n d .

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

<
Post time 2018-9-4 23:08:35 | All posts
| It's been 10 years y'all *sniff*
| I have remembered all of these too and it's great reading them again. Thanks for this post and can't wait to see more! :' D
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Bird

Credits

minister

Post time 2018-9-5 06:34:49 Posted on mobile device. | All posts
I remembered when I came to Pixie Hollow. It was in 2010 in July 28 :>
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits
Post time 2018-9-5 09:09:10 | All posts
Omg 10 years!! I feel nostalgic
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits
Post time 2018-9-5 11:17:44 | All posts
10 years already !! I can't believe it !  Still miss the old PH
Flora
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations4

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

♥Harmony Starwing♥

Credits
<
Post time 2018-9-5 16:23:23 | All posts
Eeeep! I will take photos on October 22 of me in an outfit totally just with items from 2009!!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

Float Like a Butterfly

Credits

Guardiansactive userminister

<
Post time 2018-9-6 19:37:55 | All posts
It has been 10 wonderful fairy years.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations7

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

You Never Walk Alone.

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-9-6 20:36:48 | All posts
wow 10 years! my 8 year old self is reliving all the memories :'))
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-27 21:11 , Processed in 0.266762 second(s), 167 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc