CreditFAQsContact usUpdate logAccount Frozen
Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
Read: 1927|Reply: 16

We had enabled firewall, what does that mean?

[Copy url]
My relations4

Threads

5k+

Credits

Administrator

Susie

Credits

FairyABC Staff

Post time 2018-6-27 20:02:16 | All posts |Dock
To make the community more secure and more fair, we enabled firewall, its a cloud service to help us stopping suspicious ip address and suspicious devices.
How it works?
reject-1.jpg
Above is an example, if i login the forum normally, it means i logged in with real ip and real device, nothing wrong with that at all.

If i used some vpn or proxy, i might be able to hide my ip and/or my device id, so if i only faked my ip or only hide my device id,  i am fine too.
However, when i both hided my device and faked my ip, i got rejected.

Oh my gosh, you guys can actually read my device id? nah, no worries, it's not your computer id nor your mobile id, but your browser id. So if you believe its not safe here, just re-install your browser, you got a brand new device id,  well, all other websites can read your device id too though.

So, why do people use vpn or proxy to hide their real ips and devices? for security of course, in this way, they are hiden themselves.

for example, we had limit 24 hour register on one ip to 2, means you can create 2 accounts a day, but i want to create 30 a day, what should i do? fake my ip of course, its totally ok if you just wanted one or two more accounts, but its not fair if someone created 5-6 accounts a day,  they might be able to cheat on contest votes, ban hopping, or even spamming.

Another example is Password guessing.  as you might have noticed, if i tried logging in with wrong username or password more than 5 times, the forum would stop me from more guessing in 15 minutes. However, if i changed my ip, cleared my history, faked my device id, i will be able to try another 5 times, and another 5 more...

There might be mistakes though, so if you believe your accounts got rejected wrong, just send me an emal ([email protected]) telling me your username, i will try what i can do, however, if you have more than 6 accounts, i will only try setting 3 of them free.

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 20:43:23 | All posts
ALL of my accounts got rejected wrongly.  I had to create This Account to inform you this took place.
I have been using this same computer with FairyABC.com from the start.  I do not know how to manipulate IP-Addresses, nor do I know about "'id devices'".  I am not a computer programmer.  In fact, the only coding languages I know are HTML and a tiny bit of CSS.  I have not used either since Spring, 2014, and most of the CSS my instructor had to help me with.
It appears your firewall needs a better system for telling which IP-Addresses are fake and which are not.  Otherwise, it seems I have to go computer shopping again.

Comments

Can you tell me what the rejection error looks like?  Post time 2018-6-27 21:36
ROYAL SCRIBE, CRYSTAL SHINYHEART!!
Reply 支持 0 反对 1

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 21:45:53 | All posts
LegoKH2780 replied at 2018-6-27 20:43
ALL of my accounts got rejected wrongly.  I had to create This Account to inform you this took place ...

It claims your password is invalid.  That happened to every single one of my characters, even though I checked them all over five to six times each.  The passwords are correct.  It is this system that is the problem.
ROYAL SCRIBE, CRYSTAL SHINYHEART!!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-27 21:51:07 | All posts
LegoKH2780 replied at 2018-6-27 20:45
It claims your password is invalid.  That happened to every single one of my characters, even thou ...

Thanks, I had that same issue. Luckily, I was still logged in on one of my devices and was able to change my password in the account settings using my normal password to authenticate.

If you are still logged in on a device,change your password through the settings as normal

If you are not logged in on any device, reset your password through the password recovery email form on-site. You might have to have already verified your email address beforehand, though. (I don’t remember if it’s possible to play without verifying your email, so just try it)

Otherwise... well, you’re out of luck for now, I suppose.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 21:54:35 | All posts
You just have to "reset" your password and input the same one.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

Float Like a Butterfly

Credits

Guardiansactive userminister

<
Post time 2018-6-27 22:08:47 | All posts
Edited by Pumpkin at 2018-6-27 21:13

What is a fake device? What if I want to use my cell phone to login to the forum page, or log in on a school computer or my laptop, would these be considered as real devices or fake? Will I just have to use my home computer to log in?

Comments

you can login anywhere with any device, no problem at all, firewall is build to stop unfriendly ones, good people are welcome anywhere at anytime  Post time 2018-6-27 22:30
Everything should be fine on all devices once you have reset your password :)  Post time 2018-6-27 22:21
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 22:10:20 | All posts
Yup the password invalid thing happened to me too today. It took me like 15 mins of attempts to be able to log in. If I have this problem again, how do I deal with it? I don't know how all this tech stuff works so any help would be great.

Comments

you dont have to reset your password, just log out and login again you are all good  Post time 2018-6-27 22:37
How did you get in? Did you reset your password?  Post time 2018-6-27 22:22
~ Flora ~
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-27 22:46:32 | All posts
You don’t have to reset your password, just log out and login again and you are all good

With all due respect, Su, that doesn’t make sense. You don’t even realize that you have the problem until you are already logged out and trying to log back in.

Comments

Teresa, I got in after like a gazillion attempts lol. I just kept trying over and over.. sometimes incognito sometimes regular browser. It just somehow worked after repeatedly trying.  Post time 2018-6-27 22:52
Exactly. Su, I wasn't even logged in in the first place so I can't log in and log out again. Do you get what I'm trying to say?  Post time 2018-6-27 22:50
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations10

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-28 08:18:51 | All posts
thanks su

Use magic Report

My relations32

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Melonade ♡ Red Melvet

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-6-30 03:22:40 | All posts
thank you su for all your work to keep the community safe!
♡♡♡♡♡
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 07:47 , Processed in 0.259616 second(s), 162 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc