Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
Read: 1776|Reply: 7

Wispa Frostvale (#8396)

[Copy url]
Guest  Post time 2018-5-29 23:05:46 |Dock
This surprised many of us.  We were all having a nice, calm conversation when Wispa said that line.
It is shown below,

It's a form of something very inappropriate, definitely not family-friendly.

My relations14

Threads

1k+

9k+

Credits

Minister

Hey, its May. ❤

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contribution

<
Post time 2018-5-29 23:56:55 | All posts
Wow... so many reports today.
Also, just to let the admins know, "hella" does actually mean "extremely" You can literally search it up on google. So, if you put "extremely" in the sentence, the sentence would be: "SRRY FOR BEING EXTREMELY ANNOYING ILY." Which I believe Wispa would mean, it makes sense too. The word "hella" does not relate to the word "hell" in any shape, way, or form. Unless someone is thinking about it that way... which is just... Anyways, we will be leaving this to the admins, I'm sure they will make a wise decision.

Comments

I verified with Nilla and it is true. Slang started in the 70's in California. However, it is not well known and Better to not use the word in the First Place.  Post time 2018-5-30 09:55
Villiana on the forums, Nilla in 1.0 ~ Nissa in 2.0.
Reply 支持 3 反对 1

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

41k+

Credits

Administrator

I am doing the best that I can

Credits

Outstanding staffministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

<
Post time 2018-5-30 08:56:27 | All posts
Villiana said "hella" does actually mean "extremely" so I ask what did she do or say to be extremely annoying to other members. Plus if her past offense is in any way the same as this one then that is troubling but if the two are unrelated then the first offense has no bearing on the current offense. Until or if more information comes to light Jaspers warning is sufficient. This thread will be unlocked for a few days to allow other info that may come in.
Fairy ABC is our home lets keep it safe
Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

~PM me for an art request~

Credits
<
Post time 2018-5-30 10:51:18 | All posts
Hello all,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for what chaos this has seemed to create. Yes, I was using the phrase "Hella" in terms of the word "extremely". Thank you for those who understand. "Hella" is a pretty common phrase these days which is why I did not think it would be worth a controversy, especially since it has absolutely no derogatory meaning. Anyways, yesterday I saw someone I knew from the old Pixie Hollow so I was, like anybody, excited to see them. They remembered me as well so I apologized if I was annoying during those times of the old Pixie Hollow because frankly, we were all between the ages of 7 and 12(what I refer to as the dark ages). Once again, I did not mean to offend anyone, I suppose there are just some words out there that people assume the meaning and automatically think it's offensive. My apologies for not considering that.
Thank you all for understanding.

Comments

Thank you for explanation and apology. Just learn from it.  Post time 2018-5-30 14:04
Yes, it does have a connotation of the word "hell" and it is slang which most people don't recognize. I didn't Best to use correct grammar so as avoid confusion of your meaning.  Post time 2018-5-30 14:01
If in doubt type the whole word .. might take an extra second or two.  Post time 2018-5-30 13:28
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 17:12 , Processed in 0.184547 second(s), 90 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc