Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
Post time 2023-7-3 16:07:46 | All posts |Dock
Edited by GwynPixieHollow at 2023-7-3 14:30

Salutations pixies one and all!
It was my honor and an absolute pleasure to host the Craftsmanship Talents Fair this year.
I hope everyone had some fun and had a chance to flex their creative and innovative minds and to those who couldn't attend, you were certainly there in spirit!
Without further ado, I've fired up the projector so we can fly down memory lane.

Please enjoy the Craftsmanship Talents Fair 2023 Recap!

We began the night right as the clock struck 8:20 EST.

Everyone dressed to the nines in Steampunk and Victorian attire. You are all absolutely tinkertastic!

For those who could not be in attendance, your commitment to steampunk fashion did not go unnoticed!

(Silver Winterjewel was in attendance but I didn't get a picture of her profile)

Our first activity of the evening was...

We then picked up the pace with a thrilling game of...

The battle was intense! We had a 4-round tie and an intense 3-way finale!
See the action for yourself:

Afterward, fairies fresh from defeat were ready to redeem themselves and show their tinkering, collaboration, and construction skills with this fun photo op...

(Naturally, Dawn was placed at the top of the pyramid as a perk of being that night's champion of Rock, Paper, Scissors!)

As we admired each other's flitterific fits, it had to be acknowledged that Scrap Metal Recovery talents play a very important role in Pixie Hollow. Without them, we would not have been able to fulfill our fashion wishes nor would our lovely venue of the night be possible!

For a moment, we flew a meadow in their shoes with the next game...

(Ironically the host was the most off out of all the participants.)
Realizing that Scrap Recovery Talents were very talented for a reason, we all banded together to deliver lots of scrap metal to Copper's Tinkering Nook!

But what happened upon returning to the realm was a shock!

Surely all that flying to and from meadows caused some exhaustion...

The hot summer air does weigh on a fairy's wings right?...

but we were mistaken!

Try as the fairies might, our collective tinkering power could only do so much!

With our outfits overtaken with soot and charcoal, there was only one logical thing to do...

For our final event of the evening, we all had a change of clothing inspired by the goggle-rocking tinker...

To conclude the night, for better or worse, attempted to honor talents harnessing pen and paper. We made our own jokes using everyone's suggestions throughout the night but, we'll let you be the judge of that...

(These jokes were originally Speedchat phrases for Camp Turtle week in Fairytale Theatre)

After all, the fairies had flown home, I relayed my findings from the night to the Tinker Academy, the sponsors of the event. Of the fairies who showcased their craftsmanship in garment coordination they've decided this:

(Praised for their unique interpretation of the Steampunk prompt, Silver teleported from the future with a robot suit of metal meanwhile, Peanut reminded us of a nostalgic past featuring an iconic miner and his hostile counterpart.)

But through and through, the fairy who featured the most tinkertastic marriage of fashion and technology was...

(The garment was made of dynamic rustic texture. The belt of pouches was the perfect addition of functionality. The pendants accented the brass eyewear wonderfully. Finally, the wings tied the whole look together with expertly color-coordinated gears and chains,)

Please have my most sincere gratitude for all who attended in person and in spirit! The night would not have been possible without the liveliness you all brought!
Additionally, a big thank you to the Talent Month organizers who have been working behind the scenes to bring you the creative and thrilling experiences from tonight and many more to come.

With the first event knocked out of the way, I encourage you to take a look at the rest of the events happening during ⚘Talent Month 2023⚘

My relations105

Threads

1k+

8k+

Credits

Administrator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

active userwarmheartedOutstanding staffministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contributionGuardians

<
Post time 2023-7-3 17:28:32 | All posts
AMAZING recap, June!! You put so much work into the graphics and it pays off. The event was so fun and so well put together. You should totally be a regular host!! Thanks for such a great night.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-7-3 18:07:41 | All posts
Jasper replied at 2023-7-3 15:28
AMAZING recap, June!! You put so much work into the graphics and it pays off. The event was so fun a ...

Awww thanks Jasper, it means a lot! 😭
FABC events are really special to me. When I host I try to follow everyone's amazing examples and give it back in my own way. I'm happy you enjoyed it!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

no1 Leon S. Kennedy stan

Credits
Post time 2023-7-3 18:19:02 | All posts
So sad I missed it but reading the recap was wonderful!! It's so well put-together, you did a flitterific job June!! Much love <3

Comments

Sometimes we can't make 'em all, but we can still show our support.  Post time 2023-7-4 16:03
I will get over it easily, but first I gotta be dramatic. I am not a simple clown. I am the entire circus.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2023-7-3 19:17:26 | All posts
Wonderful recap thread, June! You were such a fun host. Thanks for a great night celebrating the Craftsmanship talents!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Frosttwinkle *semi active*

Credits
<
Post time 2023-7-3 19:49:31 | All posts
So fun! And I love the sound Tink's pumpernickel makes
I am fairyrealms, the legend of this site
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2023-7-4 11:20:48 | All posts
this recap is utterly STUNNING and so creative!!! thank you for the wonderful event and for the unexpected honorable mention! steve and herobrine salute you
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2023-7-4 15:56:08 | All posts
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2023-7-4 16:00
RoboSilver closeup.png
Here's my profile card... or at least, the part with me in it. Also, I had fun until the fireworks came, then I left.

Edit: Did you do the lighting effects yourself?

Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-7-4 16:35:01 | All posts
TheCuriousSeed replied at 2023-7-4 13:56
Edited by TheCuriousSeed at 2023-7-4 16:00

Here's my profile card... or at least, the part with m ...

Yay! I'm glad you had fun! I did do the lighting using the emboss/bevel effect really softly in Photoshop as well as some dodge and burn techniques to give some more dramatic lighting. I wanna say most free editing programs include the feature now so it doesn't have to be photoshop.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Certified Pixie

Credits
Post time 2023-7-6 00:13:03 | All posts
You did an amazing job hosting June, it was such a blast! I'm still in a little shock that my outfit was named The Most Well Crafted Outfit, everyone had such lovely outfits at the fair. The Craftsmanship Fair was a great start for Talent Month!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-27 18:56 , Processed in 0.207373 second(s), 166 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc