Credits

Minister

Toadstool Ivy 1.0

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2020-7-17 19:53:58 | All posts |Dock
Edited by Jasper at 2020-7-17 18:22

Hey everyone! Long time no see. With the recent major updates to FairyABC, combined with what's going on in the world right now, there's been an influx of new players. However, with this comes an issue: the rules. When you click "sign me up", it shows the old version of the rules, which state this:

1. No bullying
2. No swearing
3. No illicit content
4. No explicit content
5. No illegal content (which is the same as illicit?)
6. No spamming content.
I know that there IS another, more recent (from 2017) set of rules at the top of the page, but when someone is signing up for the game, they're NOT likely to open that when they just read what they thought were the rules. This should be fixed to where the user agreement has the FULL rules.
Another issue is that NOWHERE in either of the rules states the username regulations. Yeah, not using swear words in a username is a given, but things like "witch," "magic," "trash," "punk," "bad," "dark," "stinky," "evil," "cryptid," "sultry," or ANYTHING Disney or Harry Potter-related. None of these words mean anything bad on their own, and they're usually just edgy teens. Most of the people on this site are older teens or young adults, the youngest person I've met was 9 going on 10 and that was quite a while ago, they'd probably be 13 now. There is nothing wrong with a username like "darkphoenix13."
When it comes to Disney and Harry Potter usernames, THIS GAME IS BASED OFF OF A DISNEY PROPERTY, and is going to attract Disney fans. Obviously they're going to show their love for the studio with a username based off of it. The reasoning behind this rule is confusing. For Harry Potter, that's one of the most popular franchises in the world, like Disney it has fans who want to name their accounts after it.
And yes, I know you can change your username. But as a new member of this forum, you may have a difficult time using it. I know I was confused. Someone may not notice they have a notification or PM, this website is honestly a little "outdated" and there is a learning curve. There needs to be a less vague guideline to this kind of stuff, so we can prevent it from happening in the first place.
I think fixing these two simple problems has had a long time coming, and with the current state of the website it's more important now than ever.
My relations5

Threads

6k+

Credits

Minister

*Wayward Moon*

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2020-7-17 21:11:25 | All posts
Edited by MoonChildPotter at 2020-7-17 18:12

I agree the rules are vague. A while ago, I noticed a 'Potter' account was banned because no Potter username was allowed. I was not aware my username was against a rule, nobody ever said anything to me. I already asked Jasper, he said it was fine. I already used my chance username thing so I can't.
~Watch out y'all. Comin' back for my daily crown :3~
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

1k+

16k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userforum posterminister

<
Post time 2020-7-17 22:49:29 | All posts
Not only should we update the rules for today's need as well as future needs, we should also fix the glitch where no new account can join 1.0 or at least let everyone know 1.0 only works for veteran accounts, e.g. made before the comment update allowing newer accounts to comment and customise their pages, among other nifty things. Also, I definitely agree that a Never Council meeting is long overdue.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-16 15:27 , Processed in 0.130484 second(s), 71 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc