My relations4

Threads

Credits

talent master

I am Bubblehead

Credits

Judy Hopps

Post time 2020-4-13 23:59:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello Su and Wind I know I am not the only player wondering this but are you guys going to stabilize the game? There's been lots of glitches with logging in and issues with it not working on certain browsers ( mostly the most used browers like google chrome and firefox) and I was just wondering if you guys have any idea when this might get resolbed. I'm also wondering if you guys are even interested on working on this game anymore? If not I believe you guys should deeply consider handing it off to someone else to take over.
My relations106

Threads

Credits

Global Moderator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

warmheartedministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

Lv 3

Post time 2020-4-14 14:24:06 | Show all posts
With quarantine going on and everyone being bored out of their minds, I dont think we are realizing just how active this website could be if the technical issues were solved, or if we at least got an update on if anything's being done about them. We are having ~220 logins and ~100 registrations every single day, we hit 60k sign ups on Friday, at any given moment there will be well over 100 non registered guests online, all of this and yet the most people I've seen in the actual game on a non-FCF day is around 9.

I know that registrars and onlines never really match up in the real world but I think it's clear that a big part of this is the technical issues. People just can't get in the game. People can't post on the forum. People can't login. By the time they get logged in and see a black screen on Chrome/Firefox/Opera whatever browser they're using, they give up. They're not going to dig into the forum and see one of us saying that it only works on Maxthon for some reason. They're not gonna open an incognito window and try again when the forum doesn't let them in, they're gonna move on. We could be making connections with potential longterm members right now, but that can't happen if they can't access the game.

I love this site, I've been here since 2013, I've given hours, weeks, months, money, work, tears, everything I have just to see the game that I loved living again, and I want it to stay alive. All things I've said before, that I can't stress enough. I really really think we should open our doors to new additions developer-wise. Whether it be new recruits or longtime members, to make new content or just to keep what we have running, because right now things aren't stable and there are people who genuinely want to contribute to the wellbeing of the site. There are people who love what y'all have created and none of us want to see it deteriorate.

Su and Wind, if you ever see this, I know things are crazy, you're busy, the site's been running for seven years, it gets tiring, I know. I know y'all said you were back on the project, and it was amazing news, but it's been silent since then. We don't know if you're working silently behind the scenes, or if you've gone inactive again. We can't know what's going on if you don't tell us. No one expects an instant solution to all of the technical issues we've accumulated, all we want is an update. We love and miss y'all, and miss when we knew this project was being updated and cared for.

Comments

you said it better then i ever could  Post time 2020-4-14 14:48
Reply Support 10 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations6

Threads

Credits

minister

Toadstool Ivy

Credits

minister

Barbie

Post time 2020-4-16 16:48:57 | Show all posts
I would absolutely love to get back into FairyABC— I’ve been playing since the very beginning and made a lot of friends. However, after my laptop’s graphics card stopped working, I became unable to play. I finally have a way to play again, and I’ve been trying for weeks to get on, but I can’t because something with the logon doesn’t work. Like Jasper said, not everyone knows all the bells and whistles needed to play. It’s probably really heartbreaking to new players when they can’t access the game from a regularly used browser like Chrome or Firefox (I had never heard of Maxthon until this post). FairyABC needs a stable way for everyone to log on and play.
*insert blushing emoji*
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations10

Threads

Credits

minister

✩Stella✩

Credits

minister

Cup rabbit

Post time 2020-4-18 12:06:58 | Show all posts
Edited by Solariopa at 2020-4-18 11:17

Coming from a semi-inactive player's perspective, fresh off of attending FCF last night, I pretty much agree with all the comments here. FCF is the only event where you can see so many players at a time, and as Jasper put, it would be so cool to see that many players online 24/7. The social activity becomes the main incentive to play the game due to the lack of content, and fixing these browser issues would help a bunch, especially during quarantine, where most people are stuck indoors and are killing their time by means of entertainment. Wizard101 got super repopulated because of quarantine, for instance.
Like Jasper said, I know it's hard work running a server for a fan remake that can't make $$$ directly off the project (only donations). Programming is hard and I have no clue how to do it. It's all hard work, and I appreciate the effort you guys have poured into the project for all these years. I'm glad I at least have something reminiscent of the original game to come back to, and I've made great friends thanks to this website. I don't know if you're stressed or just tired from it all, and I hate to ask you when I'm so unsure, but could you just... give an update on your status? I just want to know if everything's alright regarding the website and you guys.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations5

Threads

Credits

minister

*Moon*

Credits

Guardians

Queen Clarion

Post time 2020-4-19 20:11:31 | Show all posts
I'm so torn... This is probably gonna lose me some friends but oh well. I agree to a certain limit. For a remake, this website and game have lasted a great amount of time. Don't give up hopes dears. They might be working on it and it would be lovely to have updates. They did take on a huge project with this website. I believe they're doing all they can. Su said her and Wind are back. I truly believe she genuinely thought she fixed the issues with Google Chrome. She's also helping all she can in her area with the lockdowns and the virus. For a while I couldn't fly in at all. I found Maxthon so I can fly again so I'm happy! On that note, anyone else have trouble logging in on here? I have to delete history and data often. Or refresh a zillion times.
✨Never give up on something you love.✨
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

My relations4

Threads

Credits

talent master

I am Bubblehead

Credits

Judy Hopps

Author| Post time 2020-4-20 13:16:53 | Show all posts
MoonChildPotter replied at 2020-4-19 19:11
I'm so torn... This is probably gonna lose me some friends but oh well. I agree to a certain limit.  ...

that’s the problem they said they are back but we have seen no changes in the technical issues it’s actually gotten worse with people not being able to log into the forums now and they haven’t posted any sort of update

Use magic Report

My relations5

Threads

Credits

minister

*Moon*

Credits

Guardians

Queen Clarion

Post time 2020-4-20 23:17:07 | Show all posts
Edited by MoonChildPotter at 2020-4-21 02:59
JulieBubble replied at 2020-4-20 10:16
that’s the problem they said they are back but we have seen no changes in the technical issues it ...

Like I said, I'm sure Su genuinely thought she had it fixed. However it wouldn't hurt to just pop in and say they're still there. Cleaing data helps with the login for me. When I see the cookies notification, I know I can log in. Hope that helps others. Edit* I noticed when I went to the play game screen, it now says Maxthon as a playable browser. Though I think until they fix the other browsers, it should only have that one listed.

✨Never give up on something you love.✨

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Points Rules

banned|mobile|Archiver|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2020-6-6 10:15

Fairyabc © 2016-2017 Powered by Discuz!

fast reply To Top Back to list