Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2019-2-17 19:30:19 | All posts |Dock
Fly with you fairies! Because you all seem to like these history lessons, I thoght I'd do one on the Disney Fairies website because I think it's really cool.

The Disney Fairies franchise began in 2005 with the Gail Carson Levine book, Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. The earliest archived version of the Disney Fairies site is December 23 2005, but keep in mind that computers and the internet weren't used as frequently during that time so it may have been around earlier.

Original site.png

We only really had the book characters (Rani, Fira, Beck and Lily) then. In the image, there is a create a fairy button, but it had a "coming soon" thing. There was an interactive minigame thingy where you could explore Pixie Hollow, its talents and find the book characters. And by finding these fairies, you'd earn Pixie Dust Tokens. I think the tokens were used for a thing called Tokenzone where you could collect tokens similar to collecting trading cards or something. But I'mnot 100% sure what they're used for. This site also had two smaller minigames; one was Sundown Coundown, which is still playable to this day on FairyABC. Back then, Fira was the host rather than Iridessa. There was also a crossword minigame.

The Disney Fairies site recieved a major update in January 2007 (around the 16th I'm guessing from the archive). I don't have any pictures from the earliest version though, but here's a pic from 2009 as it's pretty much the same as the 2007 version.

2009 site.png

This version introduced the pre beta Pixie Hollow. So the oldest founding fairies were created on January 2007 and none have been made in 2006. This edition introduced the movie characters as well (Sil, Ro, Dess and Fawn). One fun fact I'd like to give is that Fairy Mary originally wore purple and she was originally suposed to be a teacher.

The 2007 version was supposed to take place before the books. Rather than fairies recieving their pixie dust upon arrival, they'd have to train in the Conservatory. Then, Queen Clarion would give the fairies their dust. According to a few deleted scenes in the first Tinkerbell movie, Queen Clarion would give Tink and all her friends their fairy dust in her chambers. In another one, Fairy Mary would take the fab 5 to the mainland for the first time.

One of the most magical parts about this version was the slideshow of locations in Pixie Hollow. These include the houses of characters from the movies and books, but here are some other ones:
  • Waterfall portal in Neverland to Pixie Hollow. According to the Realm of the Never Fairies book, I think this version was at the time when Pixie Hollow and Neverland were seperate
  • Stillwater Springs-Waterfall area where Silvermist lives
  • A Flower Shower-An area with water dripping from flower cups
  • Buttercup Canyon-Colorful flower garden
  • Morning Glow Meadow-Basically Sunflower Gully
  • Flutterby Forest-Sunny area with butterflies. I believe that this would be the Butterfly Cove which was mentioned years later in Secret of the Wings
  • Hovering Ponds-Floating, tropical ponds with waterfalls and rainbows
  • Conservatory-Sort of similar to tinkering workshop, basically the fairy school
  • Pixie Dust Tree-The purple one

The 2007 version also had minigames. One of which was called Hopeful's Quest. You'd go to Fairy Mary's school and take a personality quiz to find out which talent you are. At the end you'd get a printable certificate. The quiz would also include some trivia questions about the fairies and their talents. The Pixie Hollow Tour feature also changed a bit, though it had the same music. You'd get to meet Silvermist, Rosetta and Iridessa and learn facts about fairies. There were also some minigames on the Disney.com website such as a dragonfly race, this light ball tennis thing and Fairy Tag.

The Disney Fairies website recieved an update in I think 2008 near the release of the first movie. The locations and fairies changed a bit, and I think the interactive tour was removed then. Pixie Hollow also opened around this time. If you've played before 2012, you probably remember that Pixie Hollow was a seperate website. In the very early days, you'd see your fairy on the log in screen. The Pixie Hollow and Disney Fairies sites merged into a new site in late 2011.

So...yeah. Hope you enjoy this little history buff. I got the information from memory (I played international Pixie Hollow in 2012), disneyonlineworlds.com, and archived versions of the Disney Fairies site.

Original site.png
[img]http:/
My relations1

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

✼✧AnaFox✧✼

Credits
Post time 2019-2-17 22:05:24 | All posts
What a lovely and informative post!

You never fail when it comes to Pixie Hollow lore. I loved reading this thread!

Thank you, Snowflake!

Reply 支持 1 反对 0

Use magic Report

My relations6

Threads

4k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

active userwarmheartedspecial honorary modminister

Post time 2019-2-18 10:38:35 | All posts
That was fun!  Thank you!
Paprika Bumblewhisk, Rye Bumblewhisk, Donner Parsleyhill
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

6k+

Credits

Minister

stan mew

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2019-2-18 11:55:54 | All posts
Edited by louiselouisa at 2019-2-18 09:58

this is so cool! it's really cool seeing what the website looked like when i first joined in around 2009, and even before i joined! : )
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits
Post time 2019-2-18 14:19:05 | All posts
This is very nice because I wasn't around for the very very beginning of the Pixie Hollow game. Thank you for this, well done!

Comments

I love your signature!!!! It's so cute.  Post time 2019-2-18 23:18
One day I'll launch into space and no one can stop me not even nasa
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations5

Threads

6k+

Credits

Minister

*Wayward Moon*

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2019-2-18 23:21:00 | All posts
Wow..... This is amazing. Thank you for this info. Also in the UK/AU versions, you could go through the waterfall portal and see the tree and still water springs. Don't think you can now though...
~Watch out y'all. Comin' back for my daily crown :3~
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 09:35 , Processed in 0.192926 second(s), 115 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc