Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2018-7-20 16:12:15 | All posts |Dock
This is an excerpt of my second draft of my book Spirit Prep I-Daisy's Orgins Chapter 18. I'm not sure if I'll add all of this in my final copy, as the eighteenth chapter is already pretty long, but I really like this part. Forgive me if this isn't perfect; I haven't rewrote this yet.

Anyway, this part is when the main character, Daisy, feels tempted to go in a forest that she used to enjoy going in as a young girl. This part was actually loosely based on some events that happened to myself when I was younger.

What stands out to me aboutthis forest is how familiar it looks. As soon as I step in, I get this flashback;it’s a flashback of a time when life seemed more magical. It’s coming back tome; a time when I used to write these cheesy short stories. The stories wereabout me and my friends, including Margie and Lauren. I decided to make me andmy friends’ fairies for some reason. It was during the summer afterkindergarten when mom took me and my siblings on a nature walk in these woods. WhenI entered, it just felt magical. I felt as if it wasn’t just a story; myfriends and I were actually magical beings. And that forest was the source ofour powers or something. Throughout that summer, I used to beg mom to take meon more nature walks. I wanted to feel close to the magic again. Those hikeswere just incredible. One of my favorite memories, which are only returning tome at this very moment, was this one day when I passed a tree. It lookedsimilar to one of the trees at my house, but it seemed to have a tiny doorunder it. I actually overheard a friend talk about a tree in the woods with adoor in the kindergarten classroom. What she explained just excited me. I was so jealous of her for finding that tree.I didn’t realize I saw that tree until I walked passed it, but I did realize itshortly after. In fact, now that I remember that, that was the day directlybefore meeting that girl Nyssa reminds me of in summer camp. This thought justexcited me. I looked hard for the tree, but I never found it again.
I went to the woods less andless when I started my new school in first grade due to mom being busy with hernew job I think. I didn’t think too much about the woods after being distractedby the wave of new experiences as I progressed through elementary school.During the later part of elementary, in the time I enjoyed watching the newsbecause I wanted to be the cool kid that watches TV all the time and I watchedthe news because I didn’t have cable and it looked adult-like, I think I heardthis story of someone getting lost in the woods. This changed my perspective. Irefused to venture in the woods in the fear of getting lost. The woods morphedfrom being magical and inviting to dense and confusing. My fear faded awaythough, when I was reading fantasy stories about the woods. My fear vanished,and those stories made the woods seem magical again.
Despite my fear notreturning, reality seemed to return when I entered middle school. In fact, lastsummer when I was feeling a bit nostalgic from my dislike of 7thgrade, I agreed to go on a hike in those woods I visited as a child again.While they seemed magical years ago, when I hiked then, the woods just seemedlike a bunch of trees. All I could think about was that the door I thought Isaw might’ve been an illusion and that that I knew some of the trees in thisforest were chopped down some time in the 50’s to build the elementary school Iwent to. I thought the forest would be like that when I reenter today, but itseems magical again. It could be the new respect for my childhood. It could bethe fact that I’ve experienced magic in the past several months. Either way, Ifeel like this magical feeling is returning.

[img]http:/
My relations10

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2018-7-20 20:02:32 | All posts
I like how coherent this piece is. Nice job
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Sting Like A Bee

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-7-21 11:14:40 | All posts
Great story.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations13

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

fantasy and snazzy stuff

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-7-22 13:28:07 | All posts
Nice job!
i have arisen from my five year hiatus!!

(they/them)

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

❁❤✫♫

Credits
<
Post time 2018-7-24 01:08:40 | All posts
Excellent story!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations4

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

♥Harmony Starwing♥

Credits
<
Post time 2018-7-28 20:11:17 | All posts
It's an awesome story!!!!
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 20:53 , Processed in 0.183213 second(s), 113 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc