Fairyabc discussion Board

Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
12Next
Return to list New
View: 1099|Reply: 13

[Party] Fashion Contest Fridays [FCF] (Updated details & rules)

[Copy link]
My relations2

Threads

Credits

minister

○ Abigail Flickerfly ○

Credits

Guardians

Angel

Post time 2018-4-26 01:15:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Blue_Hiraeth at 2018-4-26 00:26

Whelp this thread update has been needed for a while now. Below is a detailed overview of FCF; sorry if it’s a bit overwhelming, this is just to help things go smoothly & offer info to anyone who hasn’t participated before.

What: FCF is a weekly fashion competition When: It is held every Friday, 8:00pm –10:00pm EST. (If there is ever another large event planned from the PPR on a Friday at the same time, FCF will be canceled for that week. Any cancellations will be announced in a thread.) Where: Violet Forest server in the Theater in Havendish Square. (No one else needs to start the server – I host the server each week to allow me to start the event & avoid confusion, give out an award for the 1st person to the theater, & - as the host - so I can be accountable for what happens during FCF. If there is another Violet Forest server up & the host is unable to close it, an updated server name will be announced in the open servers to clarify as well as updated in the reminder thread.)
How it Works:
1. At the top of the hour I'll start things off asking for theme suggestions for the 1st round. Themes should be versatile & forum appropriate. Themes are chosen by majority vote in public chat, not by me, so no need to use whisper to send ideas to me ahead of time.
2. I’m at the event to supervise & serve as judge if needed but the judging position/s are open to 1-3 volunteers each round. Judges switch each round to provide equal opportunity to interested parties as well as versatile & unbiased opinions on participants.
3. The contest is 2 hours total with 4 rounds each night. The 1st 3 rounds’ themes are decided by participant majority opinion. Contestants receive 15 minutes to get dressed & then return to the theater for judging. The 4th round is a speedround. I have a theme already chosen each week for this round & contestants only have 5 minutes to get dressed. I pick winners later in the recap thread for the speedround.
4. To summarize how things normally go in a round: I’ll start the round by asking for theme suggestions. Everyone is welcome to suggest a theme in public chat. After there seems to be a majority leaning to a certain theme option I announce the round #, theme, & time on the clock in the world chat & let everyone know the round has officially begun. Everyone then has 15 minutes to put their outfits together using any of the shops they wish. Using world chat I send out time updates on request, let everyone know when we’re closing in on the end of the round, & send out a message when it’s time to come back to the theater.Once everyone has returned to the theater we transition to judging.
5. Once you have your outfit together you can fly back to the theater & pop a squat wherever you want. Feel free to chit-chat with anyone else in the theater while waiting for the rest of the contestants.
6.  Depending on the theme, after everyone returns to the theater, I may ask everyone to line up around the curve of the stage so everyone can have a chance to explain their outfits. Some themes are broad enough that it’s nice for contestants to have the opportunity to elucidate on the specific inspiration they drew from for their interpretation.
7. If you would like to judge a round just stay behind in the theater after I announce the beginning of the round & let me know once everyone has left the theater. The only reason I would decline an offer from someone to judge is if they judged the previous round. There is no need to alert me ahead of time that you’d like to judge a future round or to PM me that you’d like to judge. Waiting in the theater & letting me know you’d like to judge after everyone leaves to get ready is perfect.
8. Judges look at all the participants' outfits, listen to their elucidations on their inspirations (if applicable), & then either use whisper to choose winners or fly to the ballroom. (Flying to the ballroom allows you to talk openly & not have chats buried. You can look at outfits again by clicking their names on the server list). Judges pick 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, & honorable mention winners. After picking winners, judges return to the theater & announce the winners in the world chat starting with HM & ending with 1st place.
9. I take screenshots of each participant’s outfit, judges, award winners, along with general ones & post them all in a recap thread on Saturdays. There are multiple awards & shoutouts in the recap thread, all listed in the Thursday reminder threads if you’re interested in how you can be included.

Rules of conduct:
1. Okey so I want to make sure a couple things are stated clearly. I don’t enjoy creating nitpicky rules & having to enforce them. So to avoid that I just want to make sure there’s the understanding that the point of FCF is to have fun & support each other. The contest aspect is only there to add to the fun, not to usurp it & definitely is not there to make anyone feel inferior. These “rules of conduct” are simply to make sure that FCF is the most fun & uplifting it can possibly be.
2. I love hosting this event each week. I love that people enjoy it. I don’t want to get in a power struggle fight at all –just a gentle reminder that this is my event & so, at the end of the day, it is my decision how I’d like to run it. If you have suggestions/complaints I definitely want to hear them! But if you could please send your thoughts to me in a PM as opposed to voicing them during FCF, as I can’t resolve anything at that time anyways & it just brings everything down,that would be a lot less stressful for me. I really value everyone’s opinions, I just can’t follow a bunch of chats (whispered or public) with complaints/suggestions during the event. Of course if something is going on that needs immediate attention, like someone breaking Fabc rules, I definitely want to hear about it so I can try & help fix it. But comments about changing entire elements of FCF aren’t something I can focus on while I’m hosting.
3. Sort of along the same lines as above ^ just…please respect that I am the host of FCF & don’t…take over my job. I, of course, appreciate anyone wanting to help out so much <333 but FCF is normally very crowded & when people start talking over me…it just gets very confusing for everyone – including me. As stated above, if you have suggestions on improvements I want to hear them, but I want to hear them in a PM where I can give them my full attention. Trying to change elements mid-event by taking over is confusing & it just…makes me kind of uncomfortable.
4. I love all of the passion you all bring to the event, & truly appreciate everyone who volunteers to judge <3 The one “rule” I want to clarify for anyone who wants to judge is that your job is to have fun & enjoy everyone else having fun. FCF is a big wonderful ball of energy & it’s amazing when it’s at its craziest. Judging FCF isn’t a legalistic thing. It’s not supposed to be perfect & sometimes things will just be hectic. Again, anyone & everyone is welcome to judge, but please keep in mind that the purpose of FCF is to have fun & lift each other up. Judging should add to that. Sometimes it won’t be organized 100% perfectly but that just adds to the fun. Don’t take yourself too seriously, relax, make a funny face - you get to make someone smile because you loved their outfit! Spread joy! Destructive criticism is never okay.
5. Last thing – I say it every week in the recap thread – everyone does amazing at FCF, there are no losers. Any insults/criticizing critiques directed toward a fairy/sparrowman for their outfit are uncalled for & definitely not okay. The beauty of dressing up is the versatility of it. Art & inspiration can come from anywhere. Any outfit created for a theme is absolutely 100% gorgeous & perfect. Please keep this in mind & make sure your words are always said with the intent to lift up & not take down.

Okey that’s it! If you have any questions please ask them below & I’ll be sure to answer them. I hope to see all of you at a future FCF! Fly with you later!
From group: Pixie Post Reborn

Related collections:

My relations14

Threads

Credits

Global Moderator

Hey, its May. ❤

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Special contribution

Rani

Post time 2018-4-26 17:11:31 | Show all posts
Thank you so much, Abi for taking your time to really make sure everything is set in stone, and clear. Your time and effort in FCF are very appreciated by me, and I'm sure the rest of the community. FCF is such a fun night, and even though I am able to make it occasionally, every time I do, I have an amazing time. You make participating, judging, and even watching, a boatload of fun. So, I just wanted to thank you for just being a great friend and a spectacular host. <3
Nilla.~

Comments

Nicely said, Nilla!  Post time 2018-4-27 00:17
Villiana on the forums, Nilla in the game.
Reply Support 3 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations5

Threads

Credits

minister

Credits

minister

Peter Pan

Post time 2018-4-26 19:23:10 | Show all posts
Beautifully said Abi. The whole community and I are so grateful for this fun-filled event that you've created! Fashion cons used to be a huge thing in the original Pixie Hollow, and you have been able to create that but even BETTER! Love you girl <3 you're amazing!
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations106

Threads

Credits

Global Moderator

♠ Jαѕ ♠

Credits

warmheartedministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member Guardians

Lv 3

Post time 2018-4-26 10:42:11 | Show all posts
Thank you Abi for clearing everything up! I'm sure FCF is now bigger than you ever anticipated, and so these rule clarifications are definitely needed. We appreciate all the hard work you do to make our Friday nights fun

Comments

I second this SO MUCH, Abi! I really look forward to FCF every Friday, it's one of the highlights of my week. Being able to consistently look forward to it is so comforting. :)  Post time 2018-4-27 00:19
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

Credits

minister

○ Abigail Flickerfly ○

Credits

Guardians

Angel

Author| Post time 2018-4-27 02:08:48 | Show all posts
Thank you all so much for the kind words of support <333 Your uplifting spirits and unique, amazing, personalities are what make this event such a joy to host. Here's to many more FCFs to come!!!

Comments

You're always welcome Abi, we could never thank you enough. ^-^ And yes, I look forward to the next FCF! <3  Post time 2018-4-27 06:41
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

Credits

talent master

Let your beauty be seen by all

Credits

Guardians

Fairy violet

Post time 2018-4-26 13:12:15 | Show all posts
This helpful to new players and like Jas like, we appreciate all the hard work you do for Friday's nights.
Almost of time I volunteer to judge.  Judging is hard job.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

Credits

minister

Credits

minister

Lv 2

Post time 2018-4-26 15:51:34 | Show all posts
Sounds great, thank you for your hard work!
would i rather be feared or loved?

simple. i want people to fear how much they love me.

Use magic Report

My relations3

Threads

Credits

minister

✯❄️✯❄️✯❄️✯

Credits

minister

Cinderella

Post time 2018-4-26 18:42:46 | Show all posts
Thank you for making this thread! It will be very helpful

Use magic Report

My relations5

Threads

Credits

minister

⛈ Prinna ⛈

Credits

minister

Rani

Post time 2018-4-26 18:50:03 | Show all posts
Tank you for making this thread Abi! It will surely clear up any confusion anyone may have.

Use magic Report

My relations2

Threads

Credits

minister

Credits

minister

Magic lamp

Post time 2018-4-27 00:16:57 | Show all posts
You did a great job Abigail. thanks for your clarification