[Copy url]
My relations1

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2017-10-30 14:22:53 | All posts |Dock
Edited by Invi at 2017-10-30 12:25

We've all played or seen a sibling/friend talk or play Super Smash Brothers, right?
No?

uncultured swines

Well, two particular characters in this fighting game have rather obscure origins. I'm talking about Lucas and Ness, from MOTHER 3 and Earthbound respectively.

The MOTHER series has a rather ambiguous naming pattern-- we have Earthbound Beginnings, or MOTHER 1 as named in Japan, the often forgotten game of this series, and then the more recgonizable Earthbound, or MOTHER 2, starring Ness, a boy who goes on an adventure with his friends to save the planet from nightmarish forces. I personally haven't played much of Earthbound, but I hear great things about it, so I can't tell you much other than that it's the game that inspired the webcomic series Homestuck and Undertale, the famous PC game. Both webcomic and video game were fantastic, so the inspiration has to be great too, right?

Then the widely recgonized MOTHER 3, never officially released outside of Japan but a fan favorite worldwide, featuring the crybaby Lucas who learns to grow up and accept his mother's death and save his home from the tyranny of the Pigmask Army and the cruelties of greed, sloth, and wrath enveloping society as modernization takes place, all the while searching for his missing twin brother.

I've recently completed a run of MOTHER 3, and oh boy, the feels were had. You don't necessarily have to play any game in order, because the games are built to let the player understand what's going on regardless of their MOTHER knowledge. All 3 games are enjoyable by themselves, and I know that I had fun with MOTHER 3. While not officially released since Nintendo dodges fan requests like bullets, a recent English fan translation was released on GBA Emulators, where you can enjoy the game on PC.

The MOTHER series has been often neglected by Nintendo, with many requests for MOTHER 4, but the company turns a blind eye. So gather up some insane people, and look: a fan-made MOTHER 4 in the works by fans, for fans. With an original soundtrack, cast, setting, plot, and battle system heavily inspired by the MOTHER series, coming soon Winter 2014!

...MOTHER games are known to suffer from terrible development periods. It took MOTHER 3 a whopping 12 years to release! It just goes to show the dedication put behind this series.

So what about you? Have you experienced MOTHER's influence in any way, shape, or form?
If you clean a vacuum, does that make you a vacuum cleaner?
My relations10

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Tech-Talent Fairy ~

Credits

pluggerministerSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2017-10-30 19:03:29 | All posts
*Flashbacks to earthbound's anti-piracy features*

The fact that it taunts you, letting you play the game all the way to the final boss... and then it freezes and wipes your save data. Talk about savage.

Anyways, I haven't personally played it, but I watched one of my favorite youtubers play it and I found it very interesting. I'm personally a big fan of Undertale, no matter how much hate it gets, it is a really good game it's just overly discussed and compared to everything else.

I've never been able to play Ness in SSB. I can't get the hang of him at all XD

*Coming Soon Winter 2014.....* I cri, game development is super hard XD

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Like what I do? Give me a huggle: http://huggle.jdf2.org/hug/Twili
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations6

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Toadstool Ivy 1.0

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2017-11-3 00:45:07 | All posts
I think this should be in the G-Rated Games section... I can't move it though since this is not my forum.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-18 10:49 , Processed in 0.142302 second(s), 70 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc