Credits

Talent Master

I've been falling...FOR 30 MIN

Credits
<
Post time 2017-10-11 09:30:19 | All posts |Dock
Edited by PrincessKawaii at 2017-10-11 14:37
Hey everyone, guess who's back?

Well, you all requested me to do this and I promised, so here's a short guide on how to get rid of ADWARE. ( ads popping up all over your browsers, slowing up your device and showing you things like search bars and/or extentions to your browsers that you previously didn't have.)

1. The first most obvious thing is how you would you know you have adware in the first place?
- Well, that's actually really easy. When you open your browser, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera or Safari or whichever you use, you'll notice something's changed. I'll provide pictures.

~ click the image to see it better ~  

Now, that is an example of adware in your system. You all know what the legit Google search bar looks like, and if you see anything that's different it screams trouble.

2. Step two after finding out and screaming would be where would it be located and how the hiccups would you have gotten it in the first place?

- Answering this is also easy, especially with pictures. There's two ways of getting stuck with this issue - one would be you unknowingly installing it along with some free program you've found somewhere in the deep wide web or while browsing some site it could've attached to your system on its own - that is I believe how I got it a day ago.

Anyways, the way to locate it is also easy when you know where to look. The first logical place to start is in your browser's Extentions menu, located in the drop down menu on your right for Google and Mozilla and on your left for Opera.

~ click if it's not visible enough ~

The same place is where you'll find it on Mozilla - take a look:

~ click to see it better and yes it's called Add-ons in Mozilla ~

And finally for Opera:

~ click to see it better - it's the 6th if you count from below ~

Now, make sure you check this and if you see an extention that you haven't added, or is a 'surprise extra' that appeared when you installed software downloaded from wherever, then that's the troublemaker. You'll also know ( and this is of big help actually ) if the name of this add-on/extention is the same with the strange new search bar you have.

Another good place to look into is you search bar menu by going in the 'Settings' which you can locate on the images above.

Here's what it should look like:

~ click to see better ~

This image is for Mozilla but it's the same for every other browser as well. Now, in the list below and also where it says 'Default Search Engine' there should be 'Google' set for both ( or Bing or Yahoo if that's what you're using, those are alright) - but if it's something you've never even heard of it's time to put on that Sherlock Holmes hat and figure out what happened.

Next place to check for abnormalities would be your PC itself.

Now, this is where people usually just go in their primary drive which is usually Disk C and check everything there - that is a good start, however, you might not always find what you're looking for on the surface. This means you'll need to know how to get deeper within your disks' files.

And here's how - click the 'Windows' logo button and the letter 'R' at the same time first. Here's an image:

~ click to view it better ~

After you click the two buttons - remember AT THE SAME TIME - that will appear. Another way to turn this on is to just type 'Run' in the 'Windows search bar in the menu where you go when you want to restart or shut your device down. Anyways, after all this you just type this 'REGEDIT' - with small letters, I typed it here with big ones so that you can see it better.

Then, hit 'Enter' and this will appear:

~ click to see better, this is important ~

In the image above, there's pointers to what is what in the 'Registry' of your device. There's lots of folders in there, but you can just go to the 'System' one and basically you'll see everything you've installed. When you see something odd, like the example above then delete it.

*Note* If you find something and you don't know what it is, Google it. You might end up deleting something that's important and mess up some software you have!!

The names of the adware you'll find can be very different - from actual names to just jibberish from letters and numbers. Usually though it's a name that sounds trustworthy but it's not. Google up whatever you find that looks like it's not supposed to be there though, just to be on the safe side.

When/If you locate such a file, right click and delete it. Make sure to do a thorough search in the 'Registry' and delete everything you find that's weird. This also helps when you have leftover files of for example a program you no longer use, or a game you've uninstalled recently. You can delete these in the same way - right click + delete = saved pc life.

Next step, and final one is to delete any numbers you might have in your internet connection settings. This is odd, I know - you'd think why would I need to even go there, that's not adware related right? Well, you're wrong, as was I a day ago - it actually is. Here's another image to show you:

- First you open up your network and sharing center, by right clicking on your internet symbol - be it for wired or wireless internet and choosing 'Open Network and Sharing Center'- or just go to 'Network and Sharing Center' via the Windows search bar next to the 'Start' menu button.

After this, locate the internet you're using - that'd be the computer screen that's with green lines next to it saying it's connected. Right-click that and this should appear:

~ click to see better ~

When this opens for you, click 'Properties' like it's shown in the image - it's from an actual guide for this kind of thing. After that this should appear:

~ click to see better ~

Now, chose 'Internet Protocol Version 4 ( TCP/IPv4)' and this should appear:

~ you pretty much see this one, carry on ~

When you get to this point, as shown in the image above, click 'Advanced' and that'll take you to this tab ( I know it's like you've opened up a hundred tabs but bare with this okay?):

ip.JPG

~ this is my screenshot, so sorry for bad quality, click it to see it better ~

Now, you see how in my screenshot the first blank spot is empty - the one that says: DNS Server addresses in order of use? Well, it should be empty for you as well. In case there are numbers in there, delete them immediately. That's all part of the adware.

3. And finally the last part, and that's the final check-up spot: the browser settings themselves.

Here's what I'm talking about:

~ ignore the red arrow, focus on the selected thing in 'Target' above ~

To actually get to this point, right click your browser's shortcut - in this example that'd be from Google Chrome and that window will show up for you. The selected thing in the 'Target' bar is what's relevant to us, ignore the rest. The thing there has to look like this:

chrome.JPG

~ again sorry for low quality, click to see better ~

I screenshotted my own Chrome browser's settings so you'd get the idea. The selected line under 'Target' has to end with an EXE. as in 'Executable' - that's what it stands for. If there's ANYTHING - literally ANYTHING after that, just select it and with the 'Backspace' key on your keyboard delete it. It won't return. Do the same with any other browser you've got.

4. After all this refresh your desktop and reopen any browser and your troubles should be over. If this didn't help then google up your problem and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Well, thanks so much for reading this, I hope I've helped most of you enough. This is the end of the tutorial. Goodbye!

~ Juni

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2017-10-11 10:33:57 | All posts
Twili~ replied at 2017-10-11 15:08
PLEASE DON'T GO INTO THE REGISTRY UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TOO!!!
The registry is the heart of you ...

This is also very true, this is why I explained thoroughly here what they should do in the registry Twill. It's not that big of a deal if they follow this guide and many others out there Also, my anti-virus which is Windows Defender is usually pretty good at detecting stuff, but strangely enough it didn't detect this o.o
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2017-10-11 10:34:44 | All posts
Twili~ replied at 2017-10-11 15:08
PLEASE DON'T GO INTO THE REGISTRY UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TOO!!!
The registry is the heart of you ...

Also for this yes they absolutely have to go in there sadly
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
 Author| Post time 2017-10-11 13:05:38 | All posts
WonderlyTwil replied at 2017-10-11 17:36
This is flitterfic thank you!

No problem, glad I could help
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

18k+

Credits

Minister

Float Like a Butterfly

Credits

Guardiansactive userminister

<
Post time 2017-10-11 14:10:09 | All posts
Thanks for the info. I will have to read it several times to figure everything out.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 08:40 , Processed in 0.150025 second(s), 91 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc