Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerpromoterSpecial contribution

<
Post time 2018-10-2 17:54:59 | All posts |Dock
Welcome to another weekly anniversary celebration thread, fairies and sparrow men!

Have any of you been around back when the old meadows (original PH meadows) were new? It was so long ago! Here's a little meadow timeline to start this issue off:

The original meadows were all 5 spring meadows, Pumpkin Patch and Maple Tree Hill. Cottonpuff Field was added as a special event location during Tink's Arrival Day party in October 2008 (almost 10 years ago!!!!!). It was removed after the event though. In the 2008 Animal Masquerade, Acorn Summit was added. It was at first a hidden location before it became public after the event.

Snowcap Glade and Evergreen Overlook were introduced in winter 2008. Chilly Falls was added to the mix in 2009.

In March 2009, Sunflower Gully and Palm Tree Cove were introduced. Neverfruit Grove joined in the summer.

In the fall, the Fairy Tale Theatre was added to Springtime Orchard (in Beck's place). Here are the plays the theatre did:
Mermaid Friends Forever-Fall 2009, summer 2011, november 2012

Fairy Mary's Day Off-Winter 2009/2010, fall 2010, winter 2011/2012

Cheese's Great Adventure-Winter 2010, late winter 2011, spring 2012, late spring 2013

Case of the Missing Sparklers-Late winter/spring 2010, winter 2010/2011, winter 2013

Quest for the Purple Gem-Spring 2010, fall 2011

Bad Day to be a Pirate-Late summer/fall 2010, spring 2011, fall 2012

And here were the special event plays as well as some other special decorations:
Campfire-Camp Pixie Dust/Sports Camp
Camp ceremony stage-Camp Pixie Dust 2010
Comedy theatre-Silly Days 2011 onward
Cheer Zone-Pixie Hollow Games event
Concert stage-Late winter 2012, late winter 2013

Fast Flying Hangout-Early spring 2012

Kitchen-Garden Tea Party 2012 onward, Fairy Feast 2012, winter wonderland 2012 (with holiday decor)

Haunted Dollhouse-Animal Masquerade 2012
Underwater play area-Mermaid Party

In Septemebr 4 2009 during a major update, the Pixie Hollow map was updated to be more interactive and detailed. Before that, the map was in your leaf journal.

Havendish Square was introduced in November, and that's when the Fairy Tale Theatre moved there. Havendish also had the tearoom and ballroom.

During Camp Pixie Dust 2010, meadow activities were added. There was Bee's Eye in Dewdrop Vale, Tic Tac Toe in Cherryblossom Heights, Blueberry Ball in Neverfruit Grove (which was eventually replaced by the Pixie Post Office) and the ice rink in Snowcap Glade.

Finally, the Fairy Coliseum was added in fall 2011.

And now that FairyABC is open, we have many more meadows and locations, but I'll talk about this in just a few weeks during an extra special thread.

And now that we're talking about meadows, here are the special event meadows. You'd need a key badge from a quest to get there.

Lizzy's Fairy House-Welcome Home Party
Ice Palace/Winterhall-Winter Wonderland Party 2010 onward
Mermaid Grotto-Silly Days/Mermaid Party 2011 onward
Frost Forest-Holiday season 2012
Camp Pixie Dust hideouts-Camp 2013

We all know that the meadows included shops, games, quest locations, and of course, the wilderness! And this is what we'll talk about right now!

The wilderness was added in summer 2009 with two areas; the Bubbly Bog and the Silver Trees. You'd use talent skills in the wilderness, and the way you earn them back then was very different. First, you'd have to complete the first quest your mentor fairy offers you. Then, you'll unlock a quest where you'll learn your first talent skill. Once unlocked, you could venture in the wilderness with your skill. After learning the skill, your mentor fairy would give wilderness practice quests that would give cookies (to refil your pixie dust) as rewards. You'd need to complete wilderness challenges until you earn your second, third, fourth and fifth skills. Here were the quests:

Learn to (first talent skill)
(first talent skill) in the wilderness
More (first skill) in the wilderness-repeatable

Learn to (second skill)

Learn to (third skills)
(first, second and third skills) and practice-repeatable

Learn to (fourth skill)
Practice your Four Skills

Learn to (fifth skill)

Each talent would learn the skills at a different order. In the fall, the Never Mine, the most challenging of the wilderness areas, was added.

In spring 2011, major changes took place with the talent skill system. Instead of talent skill quests, there was an xp bar where you'd level up by doing crafts, quests, minigames and the wilderness. As you level up, you'd earn rewards. On some levels, you'd be called to see Terrance in the Pixie Dust Mill to earn a new talent skill and a larger maximum of pixie dust. You'd earn a new skill at levels 3, 5, 7, 10, 13, 16, 20 and 28.

Also, several meadows would have a stone with a picture of the talent skill on it:
Dewdrop Vale-Charm
Neverberry Thicket-Move
Springtime Orchard-Heal
Cherryblossom Heights-Fix
Sunflower Gully-Illuminate
Cottonpuff Field-Grow
Maple Tree Hill-Distract
Evergreen Overlook-Splash

You can use pixie dust in these locations to make a certain bunch appear.

Now that I think of it, there should be more talent skills with all the new 2.0 talents.

This is the end of this week's anniversary celebration nostalgia post. Let me know what your favorite OG Pixie Hollow location was. Mine was Neverberry Thicket.

[img]http:/
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-4-25 02:54 , Processed in 0.107492 second(s), 43 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc