Fairyabc discussion Board
 Forgot password?
 Sign me up
Search
1234Next
Back New
Author: Fzrasu

[Copy url]
Quote first post This is an Egg Hunting thread, go get the egg! 
My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-2 19:51:54 | All posts
I decided to participate in this event myself a little time ago, and have most certainly been impressed by the submissions thus far...especially of the tremendous consideration for overarching themes and complimenting elements thereof. As for my personal page, I had taken the route of highlighting my admiration for the fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes.

Noticeably, my page follows a strictly minimalist pattern. The two colors used throughout include black and white, my utmost favorite pallet of contrasting colors. However, the visitor will initially be greeted with a brief, vague introduction of myself via the communication of a typewriter. Here, the message displays a general overview of a few enjoyable past-times of my own, including (but not limited to) spoken-word poetry, writing, visual arts (of a variety of mediums), reading, and simply, conversation...followed by a optimistic conclusion to "bump" into said visitors in the splendor of the hollow.

Underneath, one recognizes a quote I derived from the BBC adaptation of Mr. Holmes...as per follows: "To a great mind, nothing is little." As mentioned previously, I am a lover of the realm of poetry, specially of the art of spoken-word (of which I have performed numerous pieces before audiences myself). Generally, in my pieces, I take delight in not only directing the spotlight towards optimism of life produced from revelations, but also seizing the opportunity to encourage those not yet witness to said revealed truths. Thus, the selected quote serves the purpose as poetry does for me, to inspire the mind to a greater, more hopeful future.

As for the inclusion of the avatar, this is to showcase a sketch I had come across of Sherlock Holmes (in the instance the individual needed clarification towards the theme of my page). The inclusion of the comments and statistics have no sincere, heartfelt purpose aside to align proportions of the page as I believed best fit. The music, however, is an intentional addition!

As labeled, it's a playlist of some of my favorite "Classical Tunes." Mr. Holmes is an avid violinist that during intense periods, either of jubilation or of sorrow, will cope, or celebrate, by playing a soothing tune on his violin. Personally, classical music is one of my most beloved. Although I find it beneficial in the event one may need to study for exams, it can be the perfect gateway simply to think. The first piece, titled "Death of a Violin," has no special connection to the detective and is merely a tune I possess sentimental attachment to. The playlist continues in random order only to entertain the visitor, if they so choose to remain.

My sincerest wishes to all of which have entered, all have so far dazzled myself. It was a pleasure to participate~

Comments

I love the typewriter!!! What a clever concept - and beautifully executed <3 The violin music in combination with the elegant font and soft colors truly speak of winsome simplicity and Mr. Holmes :D   Post time 2018-6-2 20:26

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2018-6-2 19:54:54 | All posts
Blue_Hiraeth replied at 2018-6-2 01:04
This is such a fun contest idea; it's been a blast seeing everyone excited about sharing their page  ...

I simply have to take the time and compliment your writing abilities, although it may be irrelevant to such a contest. The descriptions of your page were enough for me to truly bring the underlying meaning to bright, animated life.

Comments

Aw tysm <333 *blush* I love writing (: I'm so glad you were able to feel the page's essence come to life, every time I check on my page the music transports me back in time.  Post time 2018-6-2 20:17

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits

Guardians

Post time 2018-6-2 23:02:00 | All posts
Theme: My fairy garden. My inspiration came from being a Garden Talent.  On the left and right sides you will see some flowers that my fairy would plant and then take pictures of.

Block 5: Contains only a small number of pictures (for now) of what my fairy dream house would look like in a modern style. The other blocks are for future pictues about my fairy. I might make short stories based on these pictures.
Music selection: Songs that I like and that I would want my fairy friends to listen to and see if they like them as well.

Overall: Music, art, and writing are a big part of my life in one way or another. My page is simple, yet creative. I hope that it shows both my interest in art and what type of fairy I might be if I could spread my wings in The Hollow!

Link to my page:
http://www.fairyabc.com/?9386

Comments

I love how the red flowers & black geometric shadowing pop against the white background! Oh I love the song "Blackbird," it fits really well with your page's aesthetic <3 Great color accents!   Post time 2018-6-3 02:27

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Pixie Pal

Credits

Guardians

Post time 2018-6-2 23:22:06 | All posts
Iɴғιɴιтy replied at 2018-6-2 18:51
I decided to participate in this event myself a little time ago, and have most certainly been impres ...

I have not had the change to watch even most of the BBC adaptation, but I would be happy as punch to see the entire series.

Use magic Report

My relations33

Threads

5k+

Credits

Minister

give em the ol' razzle dazzle

Credits

Guardiansminister

<
Post time 2018-6-2 23:35:17 | All posts
Edited by banana at 2018-6-2 21:37

Link: http://www.fairyabc.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=137

i'm pretty minimalistic but i also lack creativity so i just found some black and white stuff to compliment eachother and yeah. the birds are cool and all but its basically because of me being an animal talent, and the strutting dude is because i like that gif a lot.

me telling you to be yourself is stemming from literally half of the admins on this website hating me just because i am not some frilly nice feminine child but whatever i guess.

i chose the song modern jesus because it reflects my views and i couldnt get the song that i wanted to put on there to work so heck. also it kind of matches the beat of my strutting dude gif.

i tried to keep this short because i literally have been too lazy to read anybody elses description because holy moly tldr.

also lets hope my page doesn't glitch away all my hard work because i'm so tired of fixing it smh

Comments

Haha omw I love how the opening bit of the music times up perfectly with your gif xD ::clapping:: Your black & white elements really do compliment each other, I love the gray-scale wood backdrop <3   Post time 2018-6-3 02:35
♥♥ ♥♥

Use magic Report

My relations10

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

ministerGuardians

<
Post time 2018-6-3 07:16:39 | All posts
Hi, it’s Nightfall Moonmist for those who probably haven’t seen me in-game and only on the forums.
There’s nothing much to say about my page other than it took forever to even design it but it was worth it.
I call it: “Polish Your Goggles.”
Why? Well, who wants foggy goggles in the middle of tinkering with some tiny moving parts or designing the next big thing in technology? Mind you, it’s just for fun.
Steampunk has always captivated my eye due to it being meticulous and quite a challenge to make it a concrete theme with such limited art skills I have—haha. I just love how the possibilities are endless when it comes down to building something from scratch. The music in my playlist are from steampunk artist(s) but the first song in particular originates from a French film, Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, which has a Steampunk/Victorian centric theme. My fairy Nightfall in the header was purposely designed to look like an animatronic, therefore, I decided to remove her normal arm with a rusty steel prosthetic version-phew. Hey, also peep those poorly drawn goggles that Nighty uses when she’s up for tinkering on some lost-things.
All of the moving cogs work as one to demonstrate that the page’s theme works as one whole body. In addition, the background/backdrop is elaborates on the trial and error in the making of this design. Hence the content area being a malfunctioning-free zone. Both the steam powered train and cuckoo clock are manufactured with delicacy for which they have small moving parts that work together. I’m not completely sure if the “⚜” is visible for everyone… but it’s just supposed to look studs aligned on the navigation bar and just think of the droplets being oil instead.
Anyways uhm, I don’t think there’s more I could say aside from it’s probably going to be a WIP, perhaps a personal project and that it was fun/stressful-the good kind of stress though, making this. Good luck to everyone who has entered this contest.  :~)

Comments

Omw Night I am in awe eeeee!!! I adore your concept, & all the steampunk elements & attention to detail is amazing! Haha I love the "polish your goggles" sentiment! xD I can see the ⚜ Great job!   Post time 2018-6-3 13:46

Use magic Report

My relations3

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-3 12:41:58 | All posts
Honestly, there's nothing really here on my page. Essentially, it's based on a minimalistic modern twist of an urban theme. My inspiration was based on LA urban city vibes. I have always wanted to live there and I love how you can basically do anything there. There are so much freedom and opportunities for creativity and imagination My theme is focused more on the aesthetic side of urban life. I also added my twist of originality by incorporating my fairy into an edit. More so, I placed the blocks in a way that your eyes can fly through my page with ease, starting with my bio and things I'm up to lately. I put the comment section towards the middle section of my page to allow easier access to communication.

The general colors I picked are based on KKW beauty and Kylie Cosmetics, which are notorious for representing the cali-style I'm trying to achieve. The perfect combination of indie-pink and nude blends well to the blurred granite background and the sunset cityscape. Most importantly, the music is able to invoke so many emotions and vibes to the spontaneous, wild & free California we all know, from the uplifting beats of Chris Brown and Migos to the soft R&B in Tinashe's songs. Regardless of everything, it is technically just a plain page trying to provoke some feelings.

Comments

Oh I love the urban city vibes <333 The city backdrop, soft muted pinks, scrolling keyboard headers ::clapping:: The block placement is perfectly editorial and easy to navigate. Flaptastic work!  Post time 2018-6-3 13:57

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
<
Post time 2018-6-3 13:01:02 | All posts
Blue_Hiraeth replied at 2018-6-2 10:04
This is such a fun contest idea; it's been a blast seeing everyone excited about sharing their page  ...

Your page gives me warm and welcome vibes -- a sense of calmness and purity. I almost feel like I'm in the middle of a big pool of water, surrounded by nature. You've done a fantabulous job on this (and I know it cause that word doesn't even exist, girl)! Good luck

Comments

Oh yay I'm so glad the feeling I was trying to convey was able to translate <3 Me too! The ambiance sends me to a serene drifting place <3 Aw omw ty <3 that means so much (:  Post time 2018-6-3 13:28

Use magic Report

My relations18

Threads

3k+

Credits

Minister

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2018-6-3 13:50:55 | All posts
HALLO tis I Luna! (aka LooneyTunes♥)

Link: http://www.fairyabc.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=11029

So, to sum up my page, it's basically me saying "In the end the only ones who matter are the people who love you back." In January my page was called "The Beggining," because it was about wonder & imagination. "The Beggining" was where anyone can do anything, you holf the key to imagination, it just depends on whether if you're willing enough to unlock it. In mid March I changed my page to "Halfway There," which meant, even though life has it's ups and downs, you can overcome it. You have the power to control the bad things in life and turn it into a positive Heartbreaks, stress, being sad are things that can bring you down, but you have your family and friends to help you along the way, and most of all you have yourself ANNDDD last but not least my page right now is called "The Beautiful Ending." Which is about you should always love yourself no matter what, because you are beautiful and extravigant SOO don't think otherwise It's also about loving your friends, because your friends always have your back no matter what happens.
My story still continues, so stay tuned LOL.

I placed hearts at the top of my page because THEY EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR U ALL even though there isn't enough hearts to tell everyone about how much I love them Under the hearts on the left are words that define certain things. I tell people to look those words up, because their definitions are beautiful ^-^ Next to them on the right is my discription, which include my wonderful list of friends To the right of my disciption is my profile and under that is my list of those beautiful friends. ANND back to the "Look them up fam ^-^" under that is my threads :3 and beneth that is a little gif that says "Please Love yourself," because everyone should love themself for being themselves ANND underneth that is my playlist, which says "The skys the limit," meaning nothing should hold you back from doing what you love. AND MY SONGS I just puts songs that are meaningful, that try saying you should always be yourself xD Then all the way to the bottom left next to comments is Pusheen saying he wants to hug everyone in the world (and I wanna hug all of you, BC MY HUGS R ZE BEST xD) Last but not least is my background. I wanted to pick something peaceful, and tranquil, because life is about having fun and being safe, but also there's the part of life where it has its quite moments of peace

My font is plain x'D, and white so you can see the words. BUT this is my page Hope everyone likes it!

~ Luna

Comments

Ahhhhhhhh Luuunaaa I love your page <333 It's so you and perfect <333 I see that Hiraeth in the top left ;D The background <3 The Pusheen gif <3 And the page's development story <3 Amazing bb <333   Post time 2018-6-3 14:37

Use magic Report

My relations7

Threads

7k+

Credits

Event Coordinator

Credits

active userministerFairyABC StaffActive Staff Member

<
Post time 2018-6-3 14:19:44 | All posts
  The theme of my page is "Roses and Sunflowers", my favorite flower combination! This was also inspired off of my massive love for the color red, which many might already know, and I added the sunflowers for a yellow/golden twist. My background is a dark red sky with soft clouds, to give the page more of a surreal and open look. The text colors are all yellow and light red, to pop out from the clouds. My header is an image of my fairy in the center, surrounded by tons of framing roses and sunflowers, topped with some decorative golden swirls around the letter "J", which stands for Juno. A small little Easter Egg is that my fairy is actually holding a small Gardenia flower in her hand! Despite my love of the red and yellow/golden colors of my theme, a personal favorite flower of mine is the Gardenia, a white flower that grows on the bushes of my home every Summer! They've just begun blooming, and the smell just reminded me of home, and inspired me to add the small detail.
  Moving on to my blocks, the first is my Welcome message in the top center. Along both sides of this message are my 4 clickable navigation buttons, leading to my profile, albums, friends list, and a personality article. The buttons are in a subtle golden shine, with matching flowers for the theme. Below these are bright golden sparkles parallel on both sides, just for a bit more glitz! The bottom left contains my info box, where I've placed facts about me, hobbies and such, as well as some extra links that relate to my personality. The bottom right is my own written signature in image format- I added this because I wanted to leave my personal mark on the page, straight from my hand!
  My music box, located in the center, is based on chill but upbeat songs. I didn't want the songs to come off as too boring, but also didn't want to blast someone's ears with something hardcore. I kept it on the softer side, for a more relaxed mood. I decided for the first song to be "Midnight Moon", because of its strong beat and dreamlike lyrics. All of the songs have a wide variety: "Feel It Still" and "My My My!" are super catchy, while "Technicolour Beat" and "The Rain" are much more calm and tranquil. "Marilyn" is a favored song of mine, and "She's American" is probably the most energetic song in the box. The playlist basically includes all of my personal favorites, which I hope others will enjoy as well! (P.S- Scroll to the very bottom of my music box for a 10/10 Easter Egg).
  That's all for my page explanation. The page designs that I've seen so far have been absolutely incredible, and I can't wait to see more! Sending lots of luck to the participants. (:

Comments

v I RAN OUT OF CHARACTERS TO BE ABLE TO ADD THIS BUT OH MY WORD YAAAAS!!! "HONEYYY!!! WHERE'S MY SUPERSUIT!?" X'''D 100/10  Post time 2018-6-3 14:51
Oooh Mushu <333 Well worth the wait!!! The deep red color is just gorgeous & the artistic flowers & greetings & clouds & <3 I love the signature at the bottom & the descriptions stand out beautifully!   Post time 2018-6-3 14:49

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-29 06:24 , Processed in 0.269319 second(s), 157 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc