7k+

Credits

Minister

I cook pizza with taffyg.

Credits

minister

<
Post time 2016-12-29 19:33:09 | All posts |Dock
As we do not have many regulations put in place for creating passwords, users are able to create passwords that may not be the most secure. For that reason, this thread has been created to provide steps in which you can take to further secure your account.

In order to change your password, click your "Settings" tab from the mainpage and then navigate to the "Security" menu.

Your "Settings" are located here:

Settings.PNG

You should find the "Security" tab here:

Security.PNG

Tips for Creating Strong Passwords:
1. Make sure your password is at least ten characters long
2. Your password should include at least one special character (e.g. ~, ` , ! , @ , # , etc.)
3. Your password should include both capital and lowercase letters
4. Your password should include any random number that would NOT be easily known by someone else (e.g. do not include the numbers representing your date of birth)
5. Make sure your password does NOT include any common words or phrases (such as apple, car, etc.)
6. For an extra strong password, place numbers and special characters in between letters rather than at the  end  of the password (eg. TFGA*5HU4A)
7. Try to change your password ever so often in order to prevent the risk of it being compromised

Additional Measures:
If you feel that you need additional security, you can set a security question from the same menu. Make sure that you have never told anyone the answer to the security question you will be setting. The only downside to this is the fact that you will need to answer this question each time you log in.

If you think that you will not remember your password, or have trouble remembering all of your passwords in general, look into getting a password manager. The "Lastpass" password manager is a great option. With a password manager, you do not need to type in your passwords (other than the one used to access your password manager, which you will be asked for occasionally if your computer is recognized). This is great if you have another account for a second fairy.

REMEMBER: NEVER SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANOTHER USER. IF SOMEONE ASKS FOR YOUR PASSWORD CLAIMING TO BE AN ADMINISTRATOR OR MODERATOR, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PASSWORD AND REPORT THEM TO A MEMBER OF STAFF. WE WOULD NEVER ASK ANYONE FOR THEIR PASSWORD.

My relations1

Threads

1k+

Credits

Talent Master

Blogger-Airhead-Proud Fairy :3

Credits
Post time 2016-12-29 21:28:50 | All posts
Awesome advice Violet!

Also I'd like to add that when making a password stronger,as far as I know it also helps to include both capital and small letters

Comments

Okay, I shall also add that to the list. Thank you.  Post time 2016-12-29 22:04
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

aesthetic This user has been deleted
Post time 2016-12-29 21:34:37 | All posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations0

Threads

Credits

Honored Pixie

Credits
Post time 2016-12-29 21:53:29 | All posts
I think it's okay to use a common word like "apple" as long as you accompany it with another word, some numbers, and perhaps a special symbol or two as well.

I doubt anyone could guess "_applesneaker941-" for example.

Comments

That's true, but most password cracking software is designed to look for common words, which makes the cracking process easier.  Post time 2016-12-29 22:04
If any of you are aliens, time-travellers, or espers, please come see me.
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations8

Threads

2k+

Credits

Talent Master

I've been falling...FOR 30 MIN

Credits
<
Post time 2016-12-30 05:44:32 | All posts
These are nice tips. I'll look into the password keeper thing you mentioned, since I have more than one account I'd love it if I could have it all arranged somehow lol

Comments

Yes, it is great for organization as you can create folders for multiple passwords.  Post time 2016-12-30 14:53
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

My relations1

Threads

1k+

Credits

banned

Credits
Post time 2016-12-30 05:57:41 | All posts
I think you did a great job with this thread! ^^ I'll secure mine now

Comments

Thank you! I am glad that this thread has been able to help out a few.  Post time 2016-12-30 14:54
Reply 支持 反对

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign me up

Section credit rule

Archiver|mobile|banned|Developer Email|Account frozen|Privacy Policy|Fairyabc

GMT-4, 2024-3-28 16:15 , Processed in 0.230439 second(s), 112 queries .

Copyright © 2013-2022 Fairyabc