Fzrasu Post time 2018-8-20 09:35:44

Fairyabc 2.0 quest template

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fabcquest>
      <author>Disney Toon Studio</author>
      <leadto>2001</leadto>
      <name>Welcome to Pixie Hollow</name>
      <goal>Introduce yourself to Tinker Bell and her friends!</goal>
      <summary>Welcome to Pixie Hollow! Tinker Bell and her friends have a lot to tell you about this magical place and everything you can do here.</summary>
      <dialog id='1' type="normal"><!--talk to tinker bell -->
                <line id='1' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Hi, you're the new Fairy, right?</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Nice to meet you!</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>I'm Tinker Bell, but you can call me Tink.</line>
                <line id='4' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>What's your name?</line>
                <line id='5' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>My name is #NAME#.</line>
                <line id='6' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Well, #NAME#, welcome to Pixie Hollow!</line>
                <line id='7' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Pixie Hollow is where the Never Fairies have lived for as long as anyone can remember.</line>
                <line id='8' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>All of us have a special talent, even you!</line>
                <line id='9' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>We use our talents and work together to make the seasons come and go.</line>
                <line id='10' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Take garden-talents. They make sure seeds are planted and ready to grow each new season.</line>
                <line id='11' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>And in Cherryblossom Heights, they catch flower petals in the wind for Fairies to use all over Pixie Hollow.</line>
                <line id='12' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Light-talents light up the fireflies every night and make amazing fireworks!</line>
                <line id='13' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Then there are the water-talents, and they --</line>
                <line id='14' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Oh, I'm talking too much, aren't I?</line>
                <nextdialog>2</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='2' type='question'><!--tink offer quest, talk to sil-->
                <question id='1' portrait='tink' mood='question' pos='left'>Why don't you visit Silvermist?</question>
                <answer id='1'>Ok, i will do that.</answer>
                <nextdialog id='1'>3</nextdialog>
                <answer id='2'>Sorry, i am busy.</answer>
                <nextdialog id='2'>4</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='3' type="normal"><!--accepted talking to sil, tink response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>She's a water-talent. She'll tell you more.</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Flitter over to Dewdrop Vale and find Silvermist's Grotto. Try to stay dry!</line>
                <nextdialog>20</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='4' type="normal"><!--declined talking to sil, tink response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Oh, well maybe we can chat later?</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>See you around the Hollow!</line>
      <nextdialog>to break the quest chain</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='5' type="normal"><!-- talk to silvermist, tink response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>You should visit my friend Silvermist. She's a water-talent Fairy.</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Don't forget, you can get to Silvermist's Grotto from Dewdrop Vale.</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='6' type="normal"><!--talk to silvermist -->
                <line id='1' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>Hi Silvermist. Nice to meet you!</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Nice to meet you too, #NAME#. You're as pretty as a sparkling stream!</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>What do water-talents do?</line>
                <line id='4' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>We water flowers and fill brooks, gather dew drops from spider webs, help fish swim up streams --</line>
                <line id='5' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Oops! Fish! I forgot about the fish!</line>
                <line id='6' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>There are some little fishies that need to get back to their families upstream.</line>
                <line id='7' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>I told them I'd help them swim upstream and over the waterfall.</line>
                <nextdialog>7</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='7' type='question'><!--sil offer quest, play Bouncing fish-->
                <question id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='question' pos='left'>Want to help me? It'll be fun!</question>
                <answer id='1'>Sure</answer>
                <nextdialog id='1'>8</nextdialog>
                <nextdialog id='2'>9</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='8' type="normal"><!--accepted play Bouncing fish, sil respond-->
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Head back to Dewdrop Vale and fly through the entrance to Soapstone Stream.</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>I'll meet you there!</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='9' type="normal"><!--declined play Bouncing fish, sil response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Oh, well, I can do it myself I suppose.</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='10' type="normal"><!--play Bouncing fish, sil response-->      
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>I could really use your help at Soapstone Stream.</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>You go on ahead.I'll be there in a jiff!</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='11' type="normal"><!--finished playing Bouncing fish-->
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Bouncing fish was fun!</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Isn't it? I hope your wings didn't get too wet.</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Speaking of wet, can you take these dew drops to Fawn?</line>
                <line id='4' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>She asked me to find some for her -- these should be just right.</line>
                <line id='5' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>While you're there, she can tell you about the animal-talents.</line>
                <line id='6' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>You'll find her in Fawn's Hideout. The entrance is in Maple Tree Hill.</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='12' type="normal"><!--sending dewdrop to fawn, sil response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Hi again, raindrop. Hurry and get those dew drops to Fawn, okay?</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>Her hideout is in Maple Tree Hill.</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='13' type="normal"><!--sending dewdrop to fawn, fawn response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='player' mood='happy' pos='right'>Hi Fawn -- Silvermist sent me...</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='fawn' mood='happy' pos='left'>Oh, are those dew drops for me?! They look perfect!</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Wait, do I know you?</line>
                <line id='4' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>...</line>
                <line id='5' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Nope, you're new here, all right.</line>
                <line id='6' portrait='fawn' mood='happy' pos='left'>You just Arrived? Flitterific!</line>
                <line id='7' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>I'm Fawn, an animal-talent.</line>
                <line id='8' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>We teach baby birds to fly, get the squirrels ready for their naps, and collect food for all the critters to eat during the winter.</line>
                <line id='9' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>I've been out all day collecting acorns for the little fuzzies, but Knothole Pantry is still a few berries short.</line>
      <nextdialog>16</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='14' type="normal"><!--sending dewdrop to fawn, tink response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>Here are some dew drops from Silvermist!</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>You silly goose! I don't need any dew drops.</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Wasn't Silvermist collecting those for Fawn?</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='15' type="question"><!--fawn offer quest, collect berries-->
      <question id='1' portrait='fawn' mood='question' pos='left'>While you're out exploring the Hollow, could you gather some Blueberries for me?</question>
                <answer id='1'>Sure</answer>
                <nextdialog id='1'>16</nextdialog>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='16' type="normal"><!--accepted collecting berries, fawn respond-->
                <line id='1' portrait='silvermist' mood='nature' pos='left'>I could really use your help finding some!</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='17' type="normal"><!--collect berries, fawn response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Hi again #NAME# --</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>How is the blueberry gathering going?</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Bring me a couple when you get a chance!</line>
                </dialog>
      <dialog id='18' type="normal"><!--finished berries, fawn response-->
                <line id='1' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>Hye Fawn, here's 2 Blueberries!</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Good work! Now I can check Blueberries off my list.</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>Why don't you flit over to Tinker's Nook?</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='fawn' mood='nature' pos='left'>A birdie told me Tink's looking for you.</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='19' type="normal"><!--Talk to tink again-->
                <line id='1' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>Tinker Bell, guess what I've done...</line>
                <line id='2' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>You're back! I've been flitting high and low looking for you!</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Did you find Silvermist? And you met Fawn, too?</line>
                <line id='4' portrait='player' mood='nature' pos='right'>You told Tinker Bell about how did you bounced fish at Soapstone Stream with Silvermist, and gathered Blueberries for Fawn's Animals.</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>That's great! Sounds like you've really got your wings, #NAME#!</line>
                <line id='3' portrait='tink' mood='nature' pos='left'>Here's a little gift from me to welcome you to Pixie Hollow!</line>
      </dialog>
      <dialog id='20' type="end">
      </dialog>
</fabcquest> Hi friends, i know some of you guys love to write quests.and recently i got message from one of the moderators @jennyhollybell asking about quest writing.
Above is a typical quest, and you can folllow the format to make your own.
Here are the most common keys and their descriptions, please note all tags are case sensitive, do make them lowercase.

[*]leadto if your quest leads to another quest, this can be usefull, otherwise,you can make it a null
[*]author your name of course, can be your forum name or your nick name
[*]name your quest name
[*]goal and summary will be listed in the quest panel, so, make them short
[*]portrait similar to avatar, will be displayed on topleft or topright corner
[*]mood mood can be nature, happy and worried, but it only works on main characters
[*]pos whether the avatar shows on topleft or topright
[*]nextdialog can be another dialog id or the end id, in the sample quest there is only one end id, which is 20, but you can make several end ids, as long as they are unique.
[*]#NAME# this is a special tag, will be replace by player's name. for example, my fairy name is Luna, so in the game, the phrase "That's great! Sounds like you've really got your wings, #NAME#!" will be replaced by "That's great! Sounds like you've really got your wings, Luna!"
[*]those tags wrapped with <!----!>are comments, they are helpful for both yourself and the developers to understand the quest more, but it wont be displayed in the game.<!--tink offer quest, talk to sil-->
[*]in many cases, if the quest was accepted but not finished yet and you visited the quest offer npc again, she/he would tell you what to do next, for example, silvermist told you to play Bouncing fish and you accepted it, before you played the game, you might forgot what to do next, so you visited silvermist, she would tell you "I could really use your help at Soapstone Stream. You go on ahead.I'll be there in a jiff!"
[*]ok so how about prizes and awards? they are listed in a different file, but its final format is not decided yet, i will upload it after we finished it.
[*]the attachment file is in xml format, you may download it andopen it with notpad, or you can copy the code above and save as txt/doc file or any other format you prefer.

jennyhollybell Post time 2018-8-20 09:41:15

Thank you so much Su! I'm very excited to start writing. ::heart::

MoonChildPotter Post time 2018-8-21 19:09:18

Ooooh! Can't wait to get started. There was a similar design a quest on phf. May I use mine I submitted or create a new one?
~ XO Moon

amethystdayglow Post time 2018-8-21 20:08:31

Ooh, this looks so cool!

HappyDerp Post time 2018-8-22 00:33:17

OH MY GOSH, so EXCITED! Thank you Susie and the rest of the devs, admins, mods, staff, and players that make FABC possible ::heart::

Nighty Post time 2018-8-22 04:09:36

Thank you and the developers for all of these wonderful updates::heart::!

PrincessKawaii Post time 2018-8-22 06:17:09

Might give this a go, it's exciting, fun and tricky all at once! :)::heart::

Fizzy Post time 2018-8-22 10:00:19

Hey guys? Im new to this. So I really want to do it but don't know how to!

ScarIet Post time 2018-8-22 11:10:22

ScarIet Post time 2018-8-22 11:15:20

Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Fairyabc 2.0 quest template