Fzrasu Post time 2017-11-27 11:51:44

Concerning frame-ups(fake reports)

Fake reports has been a problem since the beginning of the fairyabc report center, i know a few users had been doing that all the time, they had made up tons of accounts but we still know who they are.
Fake reports became more concerned lately, so i decided to post this thread.
Basically there are 2 different way to fake up a report
1. fake report with photoshop/gimp/pixlr or any other image edit tool editedscreenshot
usually they erase the chat log and type in what they wanted,.
we can tell if a chat log were photoshop edited because we had hiden secret messages in the chat log.
In the following example, you can see there is a leaf in the chat-log, its invisible to human eyes until we edit theimage again, if someone erased the text, the secret leaf would get messed.

still, smart people can fake the hiden message, but we have a few other way to tell if a screenshot is faked. so, please stop doing silly things, we didn't check your reports just because we are busy and we have more important thing to do, it doesn't mean your trick works perfect.

2, using debug tools to fake a report
there are several cheat tools and debug tools you can use to change in game information, for example, cheat engine, Fiddler, HttpWatch, etc.
We have updated the game, hope it can stop some bad ones from using debugging tools or cheating tools to fake the report. also, anyone who had changed the in-game data with debugging tools will be logged, and will be banned permanently.

How to spot a fake report?
1. the report font looks quite different,
i remember once someone said her report font was different because she was on Firefox, yes it can be different on different devices or different devices, but i already knew it was a faked report.
2. only take screenshot of chat log, refused to give a full window screenshot
why? because if there were other people in the screenshot, they will tell us, "she was lying, i was there, she/he didn't say that at all."
3,the chat log was about some soliloquy
i know a girl had posted quite a few reports like this, although she posted with different accounts,but come on,be smarter, why would some one soliloquizing like a fool?

Please use in-game report
As you might have noticed, we added a in game report button, next time when you report, please click the in-game report button. However, a post to the report center is required, because, we got too many reports everyday, and most of them were not real reports, people clicked report button for fun(to behonestly, i clicked that button for fun too). your post report will be a reminder to me, if you don't want to posta report, please send me a private message, otherwise i wont read the reports at all.

Anything else the developers can do?

In fairyabc 2.0we will be able to block whispers to all and we will be able to ignore/block those we don't like, we will also have a better report system. how ever, i really hope the trolls could just go away, we are supposed to work on the game, notplaying with trolls, its a big waste of our time.

Jasper Post time 2017-11-27 13:12:45

Edited by Jasper at 2017-11-27 18:00

Thanks so much for acknowledging this, Su.

However, my thoughts are that we have less manipulating chatlog and more actual tools being used to change UID and dress up like someone, then start talking bad in order to get them banned.

I have seen it many times, someone that I know well will come online and start acting extremely bizarre and begging to be banned, and the activity time from the actual person's account may or may not match up depending on if the framer waited for their active hours. This usually happens after someone files a report or is involved in some sort of drama, so there are definitely motives. This strategy allows for it to show up in an in-game report also.

I realize that it's virtually impossible to stop this from happening, but I ask that the admins pay closer attention when we say that a report is framed, especially when it is on a very respected player such as Lavender-Marie.

Edit: For perspective, here is a list of people whom I know this has happened to. Who knows how many others it had happened to that the players didn't catch onto.
Sunrise Firespark UID 9041 I admittedly filed the report for this one, but I had never seen this before and believed that the framer was really her.
Faye UID 74
Victoria UID 6923 I don't believe this one ever got reported, but the framer had made a fake of her and when we asked Victoria if she was online, she said no.
Anastasia UID 137 She was framed the very night she was unbanned.
Magpie Firefly UID 7939
Lavender Marie UID 5466

Villiana Post time 2017-11-27 16:34:06

Thank you for letting everyone know Su.
Recently someone was framed and these people who troll and frame others just because of their own personal opinion on them or for some other peculiar reason need to stop. Why? Well for one, this is a fairy game, I'm sure little children play on this game, and its not meant to be a hacking ground where skilled hackers play around with their tools. This game was created to bring back Pixie Hollow and the wonderful pixies who enjoyed playing it. Not bring in trolls and hackers. I know that these hackers may or may not leave, but they certainly do not belong here.

Once again, thank you Susie for letting the community know.
All your hard work is extremely appreciated by me, and the rest of the community. <3

Pumpkin Post time 2017-11-27 15:33:49

Edited by Pumpkin at 2017-11-27 16:46

To make up false stuff to get others in trouble is so wrong.It seems that moderators are targeted. I hope this stops.

SillySocks Post time 2017-11-27 16:59:56

Thanks, admin Fzrasu.
I was also recently framed by the same person who reported Lavender, but, as I'm not a mod, my case did not receive the same attention.
I'm sad this happened to anyone, but I hope this debacle will allow us to look more closely at reports before taking action.

amethystdayglow Post time 2017-11-27 16:29:47

I appreciate you clearing this up, Su. Hopefully this can help innocent fairies not be banned.

banana Post time 2017-11-27 12:13:09

thanks for clearing this up su :D i hope false reports will stop

King Post time 2017-11-27 12:29:50

Thank you for telling about the resources you can use to properly report someone- It really is a low thing to make up something about someone, and hopefully, people can feel free to play the game without the fear of someone else trying to report them on false claims.

SuperSally Post time 2017-11-27 12:39:40

Smart idea with the leaf! I hope that all of the fake reports just stop now.

Memm Post time 2017-11-27 13:07:00

Thank you so much Su for informing us! I, myself, didn't rlly know about that, and I hope this silly waste of time stops rlly. FABC is a place to be kind and respect other fairies, not to joke around about serious stuff on the forums. Thanks Su! ::heart::

RedYuley727787 Post time 2017-11-27 13:08:01

Thank you for clearing this up.Yet, does this mean the report on Lavender was faked on not?
This whole thing is still VERY dismaying....

MoonFields Post time 2017-11-27 13:26:48

| Thank you for this. There has been one too many fake reports/framing to the point that its motives are useless.
| Hopefully these cases will lessen in the future updates.

Solariopa Post time 2017-11-27 13:37:14

Thanks for this! There's been many fake reports abound.

Dawn Post time 2017-11-27 13:43:26

RedYuley727787 replied at 2017-11-27 12:08
Thank you for clearing this up.Yet, does this mean the report on Lavender was faked on not?
This w ...

Fake
Pages: [1] 2 3
View full version: Concerning frame-ups(fake reports)